Road Rage News Story

but at the same time, I hate slow left lane drivers

Bullseye. Most will call the ford driver it come on. That lady is a prick also. She knew se body wants to pass but will not go to the slow lane given several opportunities. Yes the guy was did a dangerous maneuver but the lady driver clearly provoked the situation..

Get real guys/gals. It's called common courtesy, if you are slow stay clear cause you are a road hazard.. Did she deserve the finger, I don't know? But certainly not in called for!!

Common courtesy dissappears when one person becomes an a$$hole. I get over when I see someone that wants to go faster if I can without slowing myself down. If the person high beams, tailgates or just acts stupid I won't move over and I will even slow down. I'm usually 5 or 10 over the limit already. I simply move over if the person in front is going slow. No need to get upset about it. Also CA doesn't have a law about moving over for the faster driver.

Last edited:
Common courtesy dissappears when one person becomes an a$$hole. I get over when I see someone that wants to go faster if I can without slowing myself down. If the person high beams, tailgates or just acts stupid I won't move over and I will even slow down. I'm usually 5 or 10 over the limit already. I simply move over if the person in front is going slow. No need to get upset about it. Also CA doesn't have a law about moving over for the faster driver.

Some states have that law, but as far as actually getting ticketed over it never happens. Theyd rather get the speeder than the guy blocking a lane.

I think the law is that you pass on the left, drive on the right.

I don't think that there's a law that says that the fastest car on the road gets the left lane, and everyone else needs to pull over???? Someone show me where that is!

I don't think that there is a law that says you can break the speed limit, in any case? So, don't preach laws if you're going to be breaking them.

Here's my take on it...

Let's say, hypothetically, that I'm driving in the left lane doing 75 mph in a 65 mph zone.

i) I'm passing cars who are going the speed limit.

ii) I'm being safe and considerate for cars merging onto the highway from the right. This is commmon on busy highways in PA.

iii) I haven't had a chance to safely pull back in the right land, without pulling directly in front of someone (which is dangerous by the way).

iv) Maybe I want to drive 85 mph too, but there are cars in front of me, and no, I'm not going to jam my nose up their arse -- I have something called an "IQ".

v) I'm already breaking the speed limit myself.

Regardless, within 60 seconds, some JO driving 85 mph will pull up behind my bumper, thinking he has the right to the whole frikkin world cause he's going the fastest.

F-him.

I think it's more dangerous to crowd my bumper than it is to pass me on the right. You're already breaking laws, so, please, pass me on the right and cut in front of me. Do what you must. No need to make it personal.

For any of you who maybe think it's cool to not drive a safe distance behind the car in front, here you are ... just like stupid lemmings ... they all just pile into each other like idiots ... check it out ....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DtX0umDgCI"]Three Killed In 95-Vehicle Interstate 77 Pile-Up in Virginia, US - YouTube[/ame]

I never tailgate because my brakes failed me once. Good thing i only got a crack on the inside of the grille and a bumper screw fell off was all.

I drive at night. Hauling a set of doubles. I change lanes as need be. I'm not in a hurry. Slow and steady wins the race. Besides. I know where local and state sit. I enjoy watching the speeders go by just to see them pulled over up the road. I'm a safe driver. If your moving faster than me. I'll pull over in the next lane so you can go by. I enjoy seeing my family everyday. That's my most important stop. The last one at the house.

I enjoy seeing my family everyday. That's my most important stop. The last one at the house.

Well said!

My wife used to schedule freight at a large manufacturing company. She used to say that "There's people who drive trucks, and then there's truck drivers."

Sounds like you're a real truck driver.

Back