Safety recall received from Toyota today.

Just came back from the dealership due to recall with no truck. Did get a rental though. Sad thing is the advisor lied to me. He had called me stating they found a small leak, but would be fine to drive until the parts came in two weeks. Showed up at the dealership and told me what they had done and to expect a call. He gave me the work order and went to fetch my truck. During that time, I started reading the info they provided. It stated on the notes that Toyota does not want us to drive vehicle due to leak and that I refused rental. Once the guy came back with my truck, I asked him about it. Why wasn't I told about the rental. He pretended like he thought he did and made up some lame excuse. Ended up giving him an earful and left with a rental. ETA is two weeks, but rental is for 30 days. Which ever comes first.

I took mine in and it was found to be ok and the re torked everything
They also told me they now have the parts etc to fix the ones they find with the actual problem and will give a loaner for the afternoon it takes to fix !

I would be very leery of the re-torque crap. I still stand by the old phase "if it is not broke don't fix it". Keep you eye on it, if it starts to leak let us know... just saying...

M

It's just a gasket replacement. The leak would have to be horrendous to cause diff damage. Unless it looks like the Exxon Valdez parked in your driveway, no worries. TRDOR with elec locking diff are not affected.

Why in the world are they having to keep tacos for weeks and issuing rental cars etc ... for a gasket leak? Got to be more to it then they are stating...

Just took my 16 ORDC in for first oil change and leaky diff. My dealer said mine is not part of the recall! My advisor was going to send me on my way since I had no appointment. I immediately called corporate and they were awesome. They called the service department while I was there and asked them to inspect my truck. They have ordered parts for the diff and will let me know when to come back. No rental, just inspection and off I go in my truck. Not too happy about this but it is what it is. ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1499092915.515532.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1499092941.051873.jpg

Last edited:
It's just a gasket replacement. The leak would have to be horrendous to cause diff damage. Unless it looks like the Exxon Valdez parked in your driveway, no worries. TRDOR with elec locking diff are not affected.

My diff is leaking but not part of recall. It will be covered under regular warranty though.
Toyota corporate said they are sending my case to management to possibly expand the recall for trucks like mine.

Back