Seen this today

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by kp.taco, Mar 7, 2018.

1. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

I wonder why that is? The depreciation isn’t there and there haven’t been any real reliability issues. Just the quirky engine and transmission. The only real recall was the rear diff leak and it was only a mess because they were all secretive and weird about a fix while holding vehicles hostage.
    Oh well, at least mines a 2017!

4. OP
    kp.taco

Dang @Bogunn. Follow that link and check out all the Chevrolets on the list. Damn...

Rocket tech and Bogunn like this.
  5. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Wow. GM kills theirselves with quality issues. They make a nice vehicle as far as drive train and features but they fall apart. Lol. And the rebates kill the value of the used ones. They depreciate like crazy.

Mtbdude and kp.taco like this.
  6. OP
    kp.taco

Yep..

7. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

Rear diff issues (gear whine), front diff side bearing issues and camshaft position sensor issues are probably what is bringing the rating down.

Mtbdude, kp.taco and Bogunn like this.
  8. cranito4to

cranito4to Well-Known Member

I got a 2016 but no problem so far. Knock on wood.

Rocket tech and kp.taco like this.
  9. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Hey, at least you can say you have one of the most undesirable vehicles in America.

10. cranito4to

cranito4to Well-Known Member

I should put a copy of that repor on my windshield that way no one is going to steal it

11. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Haha. For sure. Better than a car alarm.

12. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Fords got a nice list too.

13. OP
    kp.taco

Yeah. Is it the same needle bearing issue as 2nd gens?

nugget101 and whippersnapper02 like this.
  14. OP
    kp.taco

Yes they do...

15. OR17TRD

I can add to that list...
    Wind noise, door seals, whistle from the holes in the LCA, axel wrap still not fixed, multiple TSB’s, transmission shifting.

16. OR17TRD

Yes

whippersnapper02 likes this.
  17. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

With the exception of the tranny shifting and LCA whistling, these are the same issues from the 2nd gen. Actually the shifting is not really new. Use cruise on hills and the ECU will drop 2 gears, scream past your set speed and then drop to the speed while holding the gear.

OkieCowboy and Bogunn like this.
  18. OP
    kp.taco

Makes sense why I haven't noticed the tranny. I never use my cruise control..

19. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Very true. Every Toyota Tacoma and 4 Runner I’ve ever had does that.

20. OkieCowboy

OkieCowboy Well-Known Member

I had a 2012 Wrangler Sport and loved it. Sold it to my ex wife and her husband. No problems whatsoever to date. I will buy it back when they decide to sell. It will be like a new one.
    The daughter has a 2016 Tacoma SR5 DC. Not so lucky with it.

21. Series6

Series6 Well-Known Member

Wow! The renowned automotive expert Cool Material. Don't think I could have faced tomorrow without their opinion.

Mtbdude, kp.taco and OR17TRD like this.