SRT Hellcat

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Tape, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Tape

Tape Well-Known Member

I was looking for a new SRT sedan and found one, everything was just right until I checked the insurance. I was shocked! They wanted $2500 a year. I don't know what you guys pay for your Tacoma but I pay $800 a year and I thought that was pretty good, State farm and Progressive wanted about $1300 a year & I have a great driving record.

You don't see many Hellcat's out there but when you do you can bet they're playing at least $2500-$4500 a year to drive that thing depending on their driving record, I was wondering why the used ones had so many different owners, I saw one car that was a 2017 and it had eight different owners but only about 20,000 miles on it.

They are beautiful cars and a lot of owners want to just leave them in the garage but that's a lot of insurance money to pay just to leave it in the garage.

Does anyone here own a high-performance vehicle? "600hp or higher"

Any of you guys ever wanted a car but insurance prices change your mind?

I'm still considering it but you're talking $70,000-$75,000 for the car and then the insurance, the insurance is what's holding me back but then I just keep saying to myself "you only live once"

I'm addicted to the G forces.

tooter and B.C. like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. B.C.

B.C. Well-Known Member

If you can afford a 75k car, tires, maintenance, etc...The insurance is cheap.
    I've previously owned several performance cars, including a Hellcat, Viper, and even the SRT10 pickup, a few Porsches, two Ferraris, and the insurance is dirt cheap compared to the rest of it.
    Don't over pay for it whatever used one you buy, because good chance you will be selling it again.
    Dream to buy for sure, but living with one day in and day out is a PITA. Last month I bought a used DB9, had it 12 days, sold it for a nice little profit.
    Fun car yes, but an oil filter is $130 for example.
    Buy a Mustang Bullitt, fast and sounds sweet, but is cheap to own, and still comfortable day after day...going on a road trip, comfortable still. Your drivers license is in jeopardy every time you take it out, but otherwise just fun. Camaros suck unless you are short, and don't give a **** about visibility, had one of those heaps of junk for 6 months to. Might not hate it so badly if I was 7 inches shorter.

4. Jersey Black Beauty

Jersey Black Beauty Well-Known Member

BC,,,marry that girl ,,relax,,,,enjoy A through F. we don’t want you hurt again buddy!!

B.C., tooter and Scott Wyman like this.
  5. Jersey Black Beauty

Jersey Black Beauty Well-Known Member

Have a Friend here in Jersey,,late 50’s. Has the Hellcat,fastest production street legal car they manufacture. Pays 4K a year,clean record

B.C., tooter and Scott Wyman like this.
  6. Cape taco

Cape taco Well-Known Member

My '35 is insured for 25k through American collectors ins. Cost me 170 a year for ins. I happy with that :)

B.C. likes this.
  7. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

About 2 years ago Dodge was offering a lease deal on a Hellcat Challenger. $6K down and $500 a month but I forgot the other details. I almost took advantage but I didn't because I figured insurance would be insane. I also didn't want to be like everyone else. I bought a 2006 GTO with cash instead. Soon after my Tacoma was totaled so I purchased a new 4Runner. I have a payment anyway but I'd be stuck daily driving the Hellcat if I had purchased it.

B.C. and Cape taco like this.
  8. Cape taco

Cape taco Well-Known Member

U could drive worse lol

whippersnapper02 and B.C. like this.