Tacoma Aftermarket Tires

Discussion in 'Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation' started by Nathan, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Nathan

Nathan Administrator Staff Member

I think tires make a truck. What are you running on your Tacoma?

Also, white letters out or in?

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Howlin

Howlin Member

I just got stock on mine right now but I'm looking to get a second set. Any suggestions? 2013 Tacoma 4x4

4. Oowen

Oowen Member

I'm running cooper st maxx in 235/85/16 I'll post pictures when I figure out how to use tapatalk

5. TacoJoe11

TacoJoe11 Well-Known Member

I am also going to go with cooper st maxx. Was going to go with the AT3 but I love the tread pattern of the maxx, aggressive yet highway friendly. I still have the original dunlops with 40,000 mi. Still have decent tread so Ill probably wait till summer or fall to get the coop's

6. TacoJoe11

TacoJoe11 Well-Known Member

What are your impressions of this tire? Have you pushed its limits?

7. LUSETACO

LUSETACO Resident Cheapskate Moderator

Hercules Trail Diggers. Love them so far.

[​IMG]

8. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

Depends on what you do with the truck. Lettering depends on your taste. I run Duratracs with lettering out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. OP
    Nathan

Nathan Administrator Staff Member

I'm a fan of white letters myself but it does depend on the truck.

10. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

I was going to get black rims so i wanted to break up all the dark but I decided not to get black rims like everyone else. I still like having the white out.

11. NJtacoma

NJtacoma Rocking a Taco Since 2000

My truck in my daily driver so nothing to crazy (70 mile commute every day) I had Firestone Destination A/T's after the stockers wore out, awesome tire. I am currently running BFG long trail t/a tours, not a bad tire but definitely not the a/t that I am used to running. I am running the white walls in because I never have time to wash my truck. :sad:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  12. Montiel1019

Montiel1019 New Member

Tires

I run 35 Nitto Terra Grapplers..great quite ride..plus they look mean!

13. Montiel1019

Montiel1019 New Member

I run 35 Nitto Terra Grapplers..love them..nice quite ride!

14. byrd

byrd Moderator Moderator

'00 PreRunner Goodyear Wrangler A/T but was told by Goodyear in '08 they no longer made them for Toyota Trucks so I told them they no longer had a customer. Switch to Firestone Destination A/T in '08 and when Toyota bought the PreRunner back in '12 still had that set on her with good tread. So.....

On my '06 Tacoma I bought a new set of Firestone Destination A/T right after buying the truck, month later got 23 inches of snow dumped in 3 days, those tires didn't bat an eye getting around. Didn't spin once just plowed through.

Once I get my lift done, I'll buy a 2nd set of bigger tires for off road fun, but for day to day driving my vote is for the Firestone tire.

Also when I had the Wrangler A/T's I had severe issues with bead leak, tires were always going low from air loss, Goodyear tried to tell me it was the rims. Funny how after I switched to Firestone tire's I no longer had issues with any bead leaks.

15. tacomawv

tacomawv Well-Known Member

Ordered some cooper discoverers ATP from discount tire a month or so ago. Went with 265/75/16 and could not be happier.

mattst likes this.
  16. YotaKid

YotaKid Teen Taco Driver

I have gt radial m/t's but may consider bfg's or duratracs in the future. Depends on whether my truck is still my dd by that time i guess. And i almost ran white lettersout, but decided not to knowing that they would look like poop alot consdering my truck is dirty more often than it is clean. I do like the look though on certain rigs.

17. TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Active Member

265/75R16 Nitto terra grapplers load rang E.(wish i could have got load range D, but discount tire was out at the time) and I tow and load the bed quite a bit and wanted a stiffer side wall. I also think the truck rides and handles better with the stiffer side walls.

18. Tacoma fan

Tacoma fan Well-Known Member

originally had stock Firestone tires on my truck.. but they wore out too fast:thumbdown: ..switched them out for Michelin Hydroedge :thumbup: :yes:..best choice i ever made

19. Konaborne

Konaborne Well-Known Member

I've run michelin LTX AT/2's, BFG AT KO's, toyo MT's, yokohama MT's, BFG KM2's, BFG rugged terrains and am now running goodyear wrangler MT/R Kevlars (not in that order haha)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  20. tostidos

tostidos Well-Known Member

Im running 35x12.50x17 Mickey Thompson Baja Claws. Love them, I will more than likely keep running Mickey Thompson till i can afford the BFG Baja T/A.[​IMG]

21. BruteForceFab

BruteForceFab master stuff builder

Right now I'm running the BFG KM2's but just ordered a set of Goodyear MTR's that i'll be putting on my bead locked rims once I get them back from powder coating.