Tacoma newbie

Welcome from central Texas. I know you'll enjoy the interaction this group provides.

Welcome, looks good. Any mods planned out?

Any mods you ask, I don't know where to start..... I made an appointment already to get remote start installed. After that I want to do some kind of bed cover, not sure what yet then a lift with some new rims and tires. I think I am going to install those Amp Research power steps....they are really nice. I don't know how you guys feel about the factory radio but I think it sucks so I will be piecing together everything I want to make it better. How is that so far...., I need to start working a lot of OT to pay for this stuff

Any mods you ask, I don't know where to start..... I made an appointment already to get remote start installed. After that I want to do some kind of bed cover, not sure what yet then a lift with some new rims and tires. I think I am going to install those Amp Research power steps....they are really nice. I don't know how you guys feel about the factory radio but I think it sucks so I will be piecing together everything I want to make it better. How is that so far...., I need to start working a lot of OT to pay for this stuff

I know what your mean by working hard. I payed for all the stuff done to my truck unlike half the kids at my school. I even did some car flipping and bought a Mazda for $120 and sold it for $2500

Guys, college is important...and expensive, so whatever you do in the way of mods, do with an eye on your pocketbook and on maintaining the truck's reliability. I've worked with college students for the past 31 years and have seen firsthand students struggling with their finances. Good luck with your trucks and with your studies.

Guys, college is important...and expensive, so whatever you do in the way of mods, do with an eye on your pocketbook and on maintaining the truck's reliability. I've worked with college students for the past 31 years and have seen firsthand students struggling with their finances. Good luck with your trucks and with your studies.

Thanks for the thoughts. I just got a job at a Kroger that is being built in my city and I'll be saving all that money for college until I actually leave for it in July.

My studies and truck can be handled.... Mostly because i spend allny money on gas and oil changes.... Im a civil engineering major and my school is 50 miles one way. Over the course of a week (including the days im not at school) i drive about 500-600 miles a week. The only mod i have planned is a brush guard... Mostly to protect my headlights from idiots on the interstate. Thanks for the advice though

I have to agree with Bill also guys, college is very important. The urge to do mods to the truck will have to be put on hold so that you can get that good education which will land you the job to have some disposable income to do what ever you want to your trucks.

Well, good luck in your studies. College is a great time in your life. You'll make friends that will last a lifetime. Best advice I've given college students over the years is to try to put some money into savings. You never know when you might have a blowout or some sort of mechanical trouble that requires expensive repairs. I remember one semester when I was driving to my last final and my VW dropped a valve. Hard to anticipate things like that.

Well right now i make $1500 after books (from schalorships and financial aid) and i plan on saving at least $1000 of it every semester.

I'm going to be going to UTI and they almost require you to have a job while attending and so maybe I can get transferred to the Kroger 1 mile away from where my apartment is going to be.

Back