Tacoma Trd Pro or Tacoma Trd Off-road?

They will add their “market adjustment.”
Depending on the vehicle and region. There is about a $5000 market adjustment on the pro’s in my area. I saw a $10,000 mark up on one in San Francisco and about the same in Los Angeles when I was looking for one last year. It will be a sticker next to the window sticker.
Like this:C825C46B-1701-4455-AA7B-23C353E1DB72.jpeg

I bought a 2016 off road automatic and put 39,000 miles on it. Great truck! But I wanted a manual and they could not get me one at that time. A year later I ordered a 2017 TRD PRO manual in cement grey, it took six months to get it. I paid $41,800.00 for it. I just love the manual, everything else I own are manuals (1982 4x4, 1986 extra cab 4x4 and a 1992 extra cab 4x4, plus an assortment of cars) so the automatic was the odd one out, it worked well, but manuals are the way to go.

If they don't have one you want they can trade with another dealer (they hate that). I just went through this and decided to buy an Access cab 4X4 V6 manual TRD Sport. I used an online "no haggle" (sure) price from 100 miles way to get my local guy down to "my price". I even took my laptop in to show them the correspondence and VIN. Got everything I wanted and paid less than "invoice". Don't be mislead by "we can't sell below invoice, that's our cost" - dealer markup (facilities usage), finance charges (to the dealer) co-op advertising and even a $9.78 fuel charge is built into that; everything they can get above "invoice" is gravy. If they don't volunteer ask to see the real invoice and have them explain it to you (it is tricky..). Invoice is not the entire story either.. the Dealership and Sales guy get sales SPIFs from Toyota. The destination and delivery charge of $995 (or whatever) is the same paid by every dealership in the county no matter where they are located. Trade-ins complicate the issue... Negotiate with no trade-in in, then "change your mind" and deal with that after the final number is decided.

And remember... "they" (every sales person) gets a negotiate with the likes of you twice or more each day for decades; you get to go it once or twice a lifetime (or so it seems). They actual get pretty good at it! If you feel disadvantaged learn by negotiating with a dealership and if not satisfied walk that knowledge to to another. Be informed, and ready to walk away.

I bought a 2016 off road automatic and put 39,000 miles on it. Great truck! But I wanted a manual and they could not get me one at that time. A year later I ordered a 2017 TRD PRO manual in cement grey, it took six months to get it. I paid $41,800.00 for it. I just love the manual, everything else I own are manuals (1982 4x4, 1986 extra cab 4x4 and a 1992 extra cab 4x4, plus an assortment of cars) so the automatic was the odd one out, it worked well, but manuals are the way to go.
Congrats on the Pro. Welcome to the forum.

If they don't have one you want they can trade with another dealer (they hate that). I just went through this and decided to buy an Access cab 4X4 V6 manual TRD Sport. I used an online "no haggle" (sure) price from 100 miles way to get my local guy down to "my price". I even took my laptop in to show them the correspondence and VIN. Got everything I wanted and paid less than "invoice". Don't be mislead by "we can't sell below invoice, that's our cost" - dealer markup (facilities usage), finance charges (to the dealer) co-op advertising and even a $9.78 fuel charge is built into that; everything they can get above "invoice" is gravy. If they don't volunteer ask to see the real invoice and have them explain it to you (it is tricky..). Invoice is not the entire story either.. the Dealership and Sales guy get sales SPIFs from Toyota. The destination and delivery charge of $995 (or whatever) is the same paid by every dealership in the county no matter where they are located. Trade-ins complicate the issue... Negotiate with no trade-in in, then "change your mind" and deal with that after the final number is decided.

And remember... "they" (every sales person) gets a negotiate with the likes of you twice or more each day for decades; you get to go it once or twice a lifetime (or so it seems). They actual get pretty good at it! If you feel disadvantaged learn by negotiating with a dealership and if not satisfied walk that knowledge to to another. Be informed, and ready to walk away.
X2... yes to that!

Back