Tacoma Tuesday's

DEZERTDUCK

Owner Engage Off Road
crazy about yesterday out in Boston...what a coward...i hope they catch the mother*****er and linch him......sorry had to express that....on a side note, just got in my car holster for my sig....yup that baby is going to be installed soon....now for a concealed wepons permit....come on LA County!!!

well its not legal in LA, unless i can get my concealed permit, and hopefully being a small business owner will give me a reason to show the County that i need to carry concealed....in NJ they dont give out concealed permits?

It'll never get approves in LA county. Hence the reason I'm moving to San Bernardino county pretty soon. If the business is located in SB county you can apply through them. Not sure exactly where the shops at as far as county line. Just have to show you spend most of your time there. Your chances are 10000000% better in SB than LA.

I'm also purchasing the baby version of my full size Glock so I can use it on my ccw app when the time comes.

well its not legal in LA, unless i can get my concealed permit, and hopefully being a small business owner will give me a reason to show the County that i need to carry concealed....in NJ they dont give out concealed permits?

Nope nj does not let anyone CCW unless you are in law enforcement. :thumbdown:

Here in the midwest we don't have to have CCW permits we can carry open it's in the U.S. Constitution and the Kansas Constitution. A few Cities are trying to ban that but are being sued in court for it.

http://cjonline.com/news/2013-04-14/topeka-man-leading-open-carry-fight

Kansas isn't the only State that has open carry on the books. I remember when I was younger and my Dad would take us across country we would always go armed in public. No one bothered us. Only once in Tombstone, Arizona did the sheriff approach us about our guns and my dad pulled out his badge. All the sheriff said was we had to check our guns in the city limits since there was an ordinance. We took them off in the city but they were in the vehicles. :yes:

It'll never get approves in LA county. Hence the reason I'm moving to San Bernardino county pretty soon. If the business is located in SB county you can apply through them. Not sure exactly where the shops at as far as county line. Just have to show you spend most of your time there. Your chances are 10000000% better in SB than LA.

I'm also purchasing the baby version of my full size Glock so I can use it on my ccw app when the time comes.

shops in LA County, but i live in SB County....and trust me....my home is more like a motel to me....im at the shop waaaaaaaaay more than at home....ha ha ha, i still carry but would hate to get arrested because of it someday....

Here in the midwest we don't have to have CCW permits we can carry open it's in the U.S. Constitution and the Kansas Constitution. A few Cities are trying to ban that but are being sued in court for it.

Kansas isn't the only State that has open carry on the books. I remember when I was younger and my Dad would take us across country we would always go armed in public. No one bothered us. Only once in Tombstone, Arizona did the sheriff approach us about our guns and my dad pulled out his badge. All the sheriff said was we had to check our guns in the city limits since there was an ordinance. We took them off in the city but they were in the vehicles. :yes:

yeah those were the good ole days....too many right wings now....im all for gun controls as long as we the people control it....not the government...ok enough political talk......it's Tacoma Tuesday's.....someone has to be doing something to their Tacoma today!!:thumbup:

Well mine is officially paid off!

that is one of the best days ever....i think its better then the day you buy your tacoma....i have always loved the day i send the last payment for anyvehicle.....you feel liberated!!!....untill you buy the next one:cursing:

Well mine is officially paid off!

I paid mine off the day I picked it up, I've never had a vehicle payment in my life! :thumbup1:

Only thing I did today for the truck was stop at Toyota and pick up my union & breather plug for my upcoming rear differential mod. Other than that I worked all day and got a message from Nathan that my shirt & stickers are in the mail :rockon:

Hell yeah its Tuesday....and busy on the prerunner, Dungsings Build and Spositos Build....so busy busy busy day for us

we will be out testing in Barstow this sunday....if anyone wants to join us

Last edited:

TN has open carry. I’m waiting on someone my brother knows to tech the class so i can get my HCP. got to get a gun first. lol. going to get a glock. probably a 27. but i don’t really like OC very much. i like it, but i think some times it just brings unnecessary attention to you. Also CC you have the element of surprise if you have to use it. also with all the stuff going on and people thinking guns are the devil.. all thought if i was going hiking or 4 wheeling and i could carry i would OC.

edit: anyways, i ordered some B.A.M.F bed tie down for my truck today. i wish toyota would have put some good tie down hooks in the front of the bed.

Last edited:
TN has open carry. I’m waiting on someone my brother knows to tech the class so i can get my HCP. got to get a gun first. lol. going to get a glock. probably a 27. but i don’t really like OC very much. i like it, but i think some times it just brings unnecessary attention to you. Also CC you have the element of surprise if you have to use it. also with all the stuff going on and people thinking guns are the devil.. all thought if i was going hiking or 4 wheeling and i could carry i would OC.

edit: anyways, i ordered some B.A.M.F bed tie down for my truck today. i wish toyota would have put some good tie down hooks in the front of the bed.

I'm not big on the semi auto's, never have been although I did recently buy a .45 ACP. My weapon of choice is my .357 Mag Revolver, 6 inch barrel, full under-lug, ported barrel. I use speed loaders so who needs a clip. :shifty: I also reload my own and have a Winchester Model 94AE carbine, scoped, sling, lever action, chambered the same. 20 inch barrel. Rare gun from what I have found. Bought it new when it came out back about '98. It's your basic cowboy set up. Handgun & rifle chambered for the same bullets. .38 specials or 357 mag. People wig out over anything, how many hunters do you see carry concealed? When I bought mine I asked for something that could take down anything in North America since I like to camp out in the wilderness. Bought my .357 from a sheriff. Said that would do the trick. I'd have to be a really good shot to take out a pissed off grizzly.

Only time I take a weapon with is when out camping. Wildlife will attack you. In the desert you have rattlers, No one has ever given me grief about open carrying in the wilderness. Reminds me of a time I was camping up in the Big Horns in Wyoming. I was kicked back chillin next to a tree and this guy come running thru screaming his head off, a min later a elk came barreling after him. Don't know what he did to that elk but it was focused on him. He made it to his car. Elk eventually walked away.

All I did with the Taco today was drive back & forth to work. Raining out so not interested in getting drenched with cold rain. :sad:

I'm not big on the semi auto's, never have been although I did recently buy a .45 ACP. My weapon of choice is my .357 Mag Revolver, 6 inch barrel, full under-lug, ported barrel. I use speed loaders so who needs a clip. :shifty: I also reload my own and have a Winchester Model 94AE carbine, scoped, sling, lever action, chambered the same. 20 inch barrel. Rare gun from what I have found. Bought it new when it came out back about '98. It's your basic cowboy set up. Handgun & rifle chambered for the same bullets. .38 specials or 357 mag. People wig out over anything, how many hunters do you see carry concealed? When I bought mine I asked for something that could take down anything in North America since I like to camp out in the wilderness. Bought my .357 from a sheriff. Said that would do the trick. I'd have to be a really good shot to take out a pissed off grizzly.

Only time I take a weapon with is when out camping. Wildlife will attack you. In the desert you have rattlers, No one has ever given me grief about open carrying in the wilderness. Reminds me of a time I was camping up in the Big Horns in Wyoming. I was kicked back chillin next to a tree and this guy come running thru screaming his head off, a min later a elk came barreling after him. Don't know what he did to that elk but it was focused on him. He made it to his car. Elk eventually walked away.

All I did with the Taco today was drive back & forth to work. Raining out so not interested in getting drenched with cold rain. :sad:

Great Story.....yeah i always used to carry my Sig .45 in the RV ready for everything....i sold the RV so now i gotta go buy a new one

Great Story.....yeah i always used to carry my Sig .45 in the RV ready for everything....i sold the RV so now i gotta go buy a new one

Right on! When your out in the wilderness anything can happen. I will continue to carry when camping. When your miles from civilization what are you going to do when you need protection? "Oh please wait Mr Bear while I call the police and let them know your gonna attack me so they can take hours to come out here, find me and fend you away from me?" Yeah right.
Common sense a weapon is a tool. There are times when it's needed not only against bad people but as I said when out in BFE camping and a wild animal possibly rabid has got you in it's sight. I'd rather be on the side of caution than be a sitting duck.

Yeah that guy had to do something to that elk, it was summer and not the rutting season. There are many stories I've heard over the years. Down in Tombstone the sheriff told us one about a 16 ft Rattler they killed in mineshaft one day, had the pelt to prove it. Actually had several. Here recently I heard of several mountain lion attacks, one in California if I recall. Yes here it is, I'd rather be safe than sorry.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mountain-lion-attacks-man-63-california/story?id=16699470#.UXdJkCC9Hbw

Another Tuesday.... :whistling2: Better than Monday I guess, at least today I am some what coherent..

I paid mine off the day I picked it up, I've never had a vehicle payment in my life! :thumbup1:

Only thing I did today for the truck was stop at Toyota and pick up my union & breather plug for my upcoming rear differential mod. Other than that I worked all day and got a message from Nathan that my shirt & stickers are in the mail :rockon:
:thumbup:

Back