The 2017 TRD Pro Tacoma is here!!!

That my friend I disagree with, as I was in Parker where they were testing and tuning back in 2011. They had 5 options of shocks on the test trucks. Also, the Baja does have computer mods, tranny mods including the shift actuator, TRD exhaust, wheels and tires, and several other things that the off road does not, not just the stickers. While I fully admit the shocks and wheels are the expensive part of the package for looks and handling, the extra power and shifting alone is worth the upgrade in my opinion, especially because I tow and use it as a chase truck. If I were to build and buy the upgrades, you are looking at 16 hours of labor alone, and at factory rates that is $1400. When they went to Fox in 2016, that was one of the suggestions we had, as while bilsteins were slightly more expensive ($55) fox has a better rebound control and better cooling, but no warranty after 12 months. Toyota did not want to add the reservoirs and tuning ability of the foxes, because stupid people would try to be experts and adjust them. I think I still have pics of that day at Parker if you want me to dig them up...

That my friend I disagree with, as I was in Parker where they were testing and tuning back in 2011. They had 5 options of shocks on the test trucks. Also, the Baja does have computer mods, tranny mods including the shift actuator, TRD exhaust, wheels and tires, and several other things that the off road does not, not just the stickers. While I fully admit the shocks and wheels are the expensive part of the package for looks and handling, the extra power and shifting alone is worth the upgrade in my opinion, especially because I tow and use it as a chase truck. If I were to build and buy the upgrades, you are looking at 16 hours of labor alone, and at factory rates that is $1400. When they went to Fox in 2016, that was one of the suggestions we had, as while bilsteins were slightly more expensive ($55) fox has a better rebound control and better cooling, but no warranty after 12 months. Toyota did not want to add the reservoirs and tuning ability of the foxes, because stupid people would try to be experts and adjust them. I think I still have pics of that day at Parker if you want me to dig them up...

It's the same TRD offroad 4wd truck with different shocks, wheels. exhaust that anyone can buy and stickers. There are no engine, ECU or transmission mods. The exhaust is good for like 5hp on a good day.

A good friend has a Pro.

Last edited:
Good for him. Does he own both types and can run them against each other? I do. ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1474607761.512258.jpg Specs can be found on any Toyota site, and if you go to the forum on Tacoma World, the differences are spelled out in great detail. And the blue truck is in the background of the pics of the test day at Parker, if you find them. You don't like the shocks and "stickers", hey, don't buy them. The price for a Pro is easily made up in the cost of the upgrades plus labor, yes it was tested and tuned, and yes, all of the mods are available for a price, which was the point of this string.

Good for him. Does he own both types and can run them against each other? I do. View attachment 9950 Specs can be found on any Toyota site, and if you go to the forum on Tacoma World, the differences are spelled out in great detail. And the blue truck is in the background of the pics of the test day at Parker, if you find them. You don't like the shocks and "stickers", hey, don't buy them. The price for a Pro is easily made up in the cost of the upgrades plus labor, yes it was tested and tuned, and yes, all of the mods are available for a price, which was the point of this string.

It's the same truck dude. I've read the description on Toyota's website and the offroad articles. The fanboys pump it up to be something like a Raptor when it isn't even close.

Last edited:
It's the same TRD offroad 4wd truck with different shocks, wheels. exhaust that anyone can buy and stickers. There are no engine, ECU or transmission mods. The exhaust is good for like 5hp on a good day.

A good friend has a Pro.

Unless you have this.......;) It's currently for sale if anyone is interested.....There is a 17 Cement Pro in transit with my name on it........I have a trade offer from dealer that is ok, but really do not want to trade it.......

taco4.jpg taco3.jpg

No ****.....let's see a SC 4.0 vs a NA 3.5.... The real question is how does it compare to the 4.0 NA Gen 2's...

But can in real world, useful situations. LOL!

Apparently my truck tows just fine.

Max load going full throttle while the RPMs are to the moon up a long, steep incline is a useful situation? No that just means you bought too small of a truck.

A useful real world situation would be passing someone on the highway or accelerating from a stop with or without a load.

Last edited:
My 2013 was around $32000 with the off road and tow packages. The same truck with the Baha and tow packages would have been $60 difference. I was not aware of any $40,000 Tacos...

Back