The BS Thread To Rule Them All!!!

That is a really cool video I knew it had a governor on them but had no clue how they worked and I also wondered why the intake valve didn't have a pushrod but the more you know. Like I said bman you don't think you have to go to that I was just meaning if you were already going and didn't mind asking a few questions

That is a really cool video I knew it had a governor on them but had no clue how they worked and I also wondered why the intake valve didn't have a pushrod but the more you know. Like I said bman you don't think you have to go to that I was just meaning if you were already going and didn't mind asking a few questions
If I go I'll see if I can get some names and numbers for ya!

No problem, Nick! Those engines are a part of history and we young people need to know the hows and whys of their use and to keep that info for the next generation. Sometimes the old ways are still the best ways!

Morning everyone. Bogunn and crawdad I will keep you guys updated on that engine it will probably be a long project because parts are pretty hard to run by and are expensive. It is a Waterloo 1.5hp at 600rpm so I can track its year of production to 8 years which is cool. I pulled the igniter "that's right it doesn't have a spark plug" and found out someone took it apart and did something wrong after looking at online pictures and also installed it upside down. What would you guys want to see pictures of it I don't mind taking a couple later today and other days when I work on it.
Hey Nick, you do have an incredibly cool piece of history there. I don't know much about them, just seen them all over "Old Farmer's Days" and random car shows and such. I only said post more pics because you said that you didn't know which fill hole was for what. Haha

Hey Nick, you do have an incredibly cool piece of history there. I don't know much about them, just seen them all over "Old Farmer's Days" and random car shows and such. I only said post more pics because you said that you didn't know which fill hole was for what. Haha

I know I snapped a quick pick of the fill holes right before I left but some people wanted to be kept updated on it so I thought I would add pictures as things are apart and being worked on and hopefully running
IMG_5149.JPG

That's a pretty old engine by far the oldest I've worked on so far. I have a few things older like that rpm gauge I posted about a model a spark plug and a 1847 penny. I don't have a picture of the spark plug but I do of the pennyIMG_5159.JPGIMG_5160.JPG

Back