The BS Thread To Rule Them All!!!

Mornin' Mike and Scott! Mid 90s yesterday.......high 50s today..........Mother Nature is taking an attitude with us again!
We were pushing 90 last week and then went 45-65 for Friday and yesterday and will go back to 90 for this coming week :confused:
Me personally? I’d rather be in the 50s-60s than 80s-90s at that point in my life

We were pushing 90 last week and then went 45-65 for Friday and yesterday and will go back to 90 for this coming week :confused:
Me personally? I’d rather be in the 50s-60s than 80s-90s at that point in my life
I agree with ya, Jack! Rather have the lower temps than what we had yesterday......it's the shift in temps......almost 40° lower puts the shock on me! :eek:

I was stationed in Georgia and also lived there as a civilian for about 7 years. The humidity is something else. And all the damn bugs! After I’d moved back to California I went back to visit Georgia several years later during the summer. Upon stepping out of the airport it was like a warm, moist blast - I’d forgotten what the humidity felt like and the fact that I’d gotten used to it. I’ll definitely take the “dry” heat any day but I hate heat in general now that I’m older

I was stationed in Georgia and also lived there as a civilian for about 7 years. The humidity is something else. And all the damn bugs! After I’d moved back to California I went back to visit Georgia several years later during the summer. Upon stepping out of the airport it was like a warm, moist blast - I’d forgotten what the humidity felt like and the fact that I’d gotten used to it. I’ll definitely take the “dry” heat any day but I hate heat in general now that I’m older
I found out what heat was at Twentynine Palms up on that lava rock with full gear and flak jacket on. A nasty heat indeed!

Sup fellas? Finally got caught up on homework enough where I could come out and play. Hot, hot, hot here too, and humid. Heat index near 108 today. Cold front moving in tonight may bring rain. I'll believe it when I see it. If it does temps will drop to the 80s tomorrow.

I found out what heat was at Twentynine Palms up on that lava rock with full gear and flak jacket on. A nasty heat indeed!
29 Palms is brutal! I lived about an hour away but did a lot work at that base as a construction inspector. During th summer time the concrete guys would have to pour their mud between1:00am -4:00am. Any later and the concrete would cure before it could be properly finished. A lot of folks don’t realize just how big California is and just how much of it is desert. The good thing is that, unlike Phoenix, the California desert cools off in the nights. Also, the winters are awesome.

29 Palms is brutal! I lived about an hour away but did a lot work at that base as a construction inspector. During th summer time the concrete guys would have to pour their mud between1:00am -4:00am. Any later and the concrete would cure before it could be properly finished. A lot of folks don’t realize just how big California is and just how much of it is desert. The good thing is that, unlike Phoenix, the California desert cools off in the nights. Also, the winters are awesome.
Yeah, it would cool off at nights......warm right back up!

Back