The BS Thread To Rule Them All!!!

I can tell you from years past being in a 6 cylinder 4.3 for 500 miles with some aftermarket exhaust system. Its sucks big time with the drone from it.
Try the constant hum of a semi. For 500 + miles every day mon-Friday for the last 40 years. Believe me when I say I love the sound of a drone.

But bottom line is , I’m a cheap bastard and I picked this up on eBay for hundreds less than retail. Never used / owner had it left over before selling truck. So it bolted right up. Also being an access cab the shortened pipe to muffler ratio helps in the drone ratio I believe.

Back to coffee. I think I’m done modding the truck. I have a bed lamp and a under hood lamp too install. The bed lamp will be wired into the light switch above the rear seating. So It will go on with the interior lights or stay on with the switch. The hood lamp will have a separate on/off kill switch to the battery. But those are gonna be for much warmer day(s)
Edit

Your tailpipe dressing looks like the wanna be semi-drivers with diesel pickups.

The best ones are when holes are cut in the hood or bed for dual vertical pipes. Those guys give me a smile and a laugh every time.

The outlet is not as large as I see on some dodge trucks
Those can be the size of a volleyball!

Your tailpipe dressing looks like the wanna be semi-drivers with diesel pickups.

The best ones are when holes are cut in the hood or bed for dual vertical pipes. Those guys give me a smile and a laugh every time.
I've seen those piped out of the bed before
I find it interesting Lol

relaxing night ahead...busy tomorrow....vet visit,water jug filling....to name a few......might get some money out and grab a few more mega tix..

Rain turning to snow here tonight tomorrow
Several inches expected
Heavy ice warning to the north

Some buffalo bills guy got hurt bad on the field
Cardiac arrest. He is still alive. I saw it when it happened the game was postponed. Still up in the air what the fallout will be. God speed to the player and all involved. No one wants this.

But bottom line is , I’m a cheap bastard and I picked this up on eBay for hundreds less than retail. Never used / owner had it left over before selling truck. So it bolted right up. Also being an access cab the shortened pipe to muffler ratio helps in the drone ratio I believe.
Back around the late 80's i bought a fairly new exhaust system that was a take off from a guy selling it in the ''bargain news''. It came in handy a couple years later for my 86 sr5 4 cylinder pickup. Those stock exhaust systems back in the day were made of cheap steel. Even a midas muffler would last longer.

No worries here. It has a bark as expected. But cruising at 2000 rpm it is relatively quiet.
I’m not saying it’s a keeper. But it is what it is.
Annoying. :p

My wife's girl friends are annoying to. I just try not to hang around when their over.
You need to get deviously subtle.

Do things to annoy the gaggle. Power tools are noisy and combined with the dust are excellent deterrents to their social gathering. Soon, they will seek to meet at other locations.

As icing on the cake, load up on those foods to produce copious amounts of flatulence. Let loose a few SBDs or Rippers or Crop Dust, then claim this is allowed in construction area. Whatever you do......don't say "This is a Man-Zone...." Say "Construction Zone, noise, dust and smells happen. Sorry."

Good Luck.

Street potholes sure opened up here today
Expect them to grow more, wider, deeper

saw a few here and there......I don't bother unless freaking huge....otherwise just another bump in the road as far as I'm concerned.

Back