The BS Thread To Rule Them All!!!

I'm pretty good at keeping fingers out of the way, was this time too, my razor just decided to take a detour I guess. Could've been a lot worse!
Oh yeah......couldn't been alot worse! I remember when I about 8 years old......went down to see G-pa and G-ma with dad........G-pa was sittin at the table havin a drink and his thumb was wrapped up.......dad asked what he did........G-pa said he cut 'er off on the table saw.........dad freaked out! G-pa said it's fine.......he stuck what was left of his thumb in a can of turpentine to stop the bleeding and finished his project he was working on! LMAO

Oh yeah......couldn't been alot worse! I remember when I about 8 years old......went down to see G-pa and G-ma with dad........G-pa was sittin at the table havin a drink and his thumb was wrapped up.......dad asked what he did........G-pa said he cut 'er off on the table saw.........dad freaked out! G-pa said it's fine.......he stuck what was left of his thumb in a can of turpentine to stop the bleeding and finished his project he was working on! LMAO
Hahaha!!! Not many of those guys left anymore. My grandpa has pulled some similar stunts, "A doctor? What's that?" My wife works in a clinic about 2 miles away, I sent her a "[emoji106]" of my shop towel and electrical tape bandage. [emoji23]

Hahaha!!! Not many of those guys left anymore. My grandpa has pulled some similar stunts, "A doctor? What's that?" My wife works in a clinic about 2 miles away, I sent her a "[emoji106]" of my shop towel and electrical tape bandage. [emoji23]
Yeah, those old guys were tough as nails.......didn't go to the Dr unless you were dying! I bet your wife got a chuckle out of that!

Snuff on stings . Coal oil is what mine used and Iodine it came in alittle jar. Burned like heck.
When we were little and had a cut G-pa would put Mecurichrome on it.......burned like fire........it was banned here in the US because of its Mercury content.

Snuff on stings . Coal oil is what mine used and Iodine it came in alittle jar. Burned like heck.

Been there buddy. That stuff works too.
The old timers would dig yellow root for use as an antibiotic and for inflammation. Nasty as it could be. Lol. A lot of other stuff too from the mountains. I know a little bit but we forget more and more with each generation. It’s so isolated where my family’s from (and been for over 300 years) that it’s still over an hour to the store. People become resourceful in those situations.

Hey G! Friggin hot all over I think! The head is good......Dr took the stitches out after clinic today.......had some wet Q-tips gettin some clots off and noticed a numb area......can't feel anything......hopefully sensation will come back! How's things your way? Taco runnin well? Family all doing well?

Back