The BS Thread To Rule Them All!!!

Looks like you're gonna have a nice place!
It'll be different. Haha! I'm helping a buddy tear down an old barn so that I can get some cool stuff out of it to repurpose in this place. T&G running long ways up the LR ceiling into the loft, old metal diagonally in a couple spots, rough lumber trimming in a few places. I'm actually putting a old set of French doors in a wall of the loft that'll open up to a balcony over the LR ... [emoji848] Haha! It's to be a short term rental property in a couple years. I'm using my imagination on it.

It'll be different. Haha! I'm helping a buddy tear down an old barn so that I can get some cool stuff out of it to repurpose in this place. T&G running long ways up the LR ceiling into the loft, old metal diagonally in a couple spots, rough lumber trimming in a few places. I'm actually putting a old set of French doors in a wall of the loft that'll open up to a balcony over the LR ... [emoji848] Haha! It's to be a short term rental property in a couple years. I'm using my imagination on it.
Wow! Looking forward to pics as you progress! It's alot of work but it looks like you're havin fun doin' it all!

Finished upstairs today and got 3/4 of the office done before I called it a day. Found out the carpet for the upstairs bedroom is most likely 5 weeks out. I don't care for carpet in general but kinda liked the Lifeproof with waves in it and is a grey that matches the other flooring. Kinda don't want to change my mind. So that means I can't get my new fancy bed that moves everywhere and has a vibrator in it delivered for 5 more weeks,... [emoji17] did pick up a nice ping pong table and a drill press at a yard sale today! [emoji4]View attachment 18420View attachment 18421

That looks awesome buddy.

So I've tried to do some research but have came up short why would my 88 pickup be axle over springs but the 1998 Tacoma my that my grandparents owned was axle under spring or is there even a reason

Found this info..........

Under: With the springs swooping under the axle they generally need more arch to achieve lift and can actually stiffen the ride and hinder the flex. Yet one of the great positives about this setup is that your center of gravity remains lower and often offers a more stable feel on off-camber obstacles.

Over: Since you are gaining lift by moving the perches on top of the axletube, a flatter or softer spring pack can be used to gain articulation and create a more cushioned ride. This also opens you up to more spring options, and for the budget-minded, this means taking a trip down to your local junkyard and trying out different spring combos.

I’ve seen people lift international scouts that way. Weld new spring perches and put springs on top of the axle. Looks way better than they drive that. But a scout was way heavier than a taco. I had a 85 taco 4x4 with solid front axle and I can’t remember if the were on the bottom or top of the front and rear axle

Carfull with the old barn wood. You don’t want black beetles in your house :confused:

It took me 3 days to do 1300 sq feet of it by myself. 10 hr days and my knees hurt for 3weeks after haha
I'm trying not to think about how long it's taking me. Haha. I was moving at a good pace this morning until I trimmed a 1/4" off the end of my thumb,... [emoji23]
Razor jumped up onto my speed square while I was ripping a piece. Electrical tape is my favorite bandage. Haha!

I'm trying not to think about how long it's taking me. Haha. I was moving at a good pace this morning until I trimmed a 1/4" off the end of my thumb,... [emoji23]
Razor jumped up onto my speed square while I was ripping a piece. Electrical tape is my favorite bandage. Haha!
:confused:

Back