the MONDAYS Thread

Just bouncing around online and found this tasty little nugget on edmunds for the 2011 Tacoma dbl cab..." Storage is limited within the cab, however. Aside from the glovebox, there are only a center console and small pockets in the front doors. For comparison, the Dodge Dakota has rear seats that fold away to reveal storage crates"... did they not LOOK at the back seats!!! :blink:
http://www.edmunds.com/toyota/tacoma/2011/road-test.html

Been crazy here at the shop past two weeks with the MORE race, the Baja 500 and now the Lucas Oil Short Course race...but here is what the guys have gotten done...and its only monday.....hell yeah!

some love on in2night's build
picture.php

same love going onto Tostido's build....Twinzies!
picture.php

some center pivot LCA love
picture.php

Fiberglass mold love ofcourse
picture.php

and finally a great shot of the guys down in baja this past weekend for the Baja500 with Ensenada's Finest.....its bad ass when even the federales want to pose with out trucks!!!!:thumbup:
picture.php

What's up kidz. Sittin here at work with a migraine the size of Texas... so many more hours left... and my finger still hurts.

Sitting at home on meds watching the 24 huers of le mans. I'm on hour 6 of the race and there just starting the night portion.

What's up kidz. Sittin here at work with a migraine the size of Texas... so many more hours left... and my finger still hurts.

Haha yep you took a chunk out of it greggy....well done

going to take the 3rd apart this afternoon & get it ready for bearings

Cloudy, windy meh... so so in temp not hot not cold. Tanked up, stopped and seen my dogs, fed & watered them and then to dentist to repair a loose crown. All fixed at no charge! I got a great dentist.

Today blows!!! I agreed to do a favor for an old boss of mine who was desperate for the help.... That was a bad idea :mad:

So my day started at 7am to get ready for this "favor" job today. Its a security gig which already sucks enough to begin with. Its cold and rainy today so I put on long sleeve under armor under my uniform shirt to keep warm since I don't have a company jacket. Its still cold so I throw on a sweater of my own. Perfect! Off to work I go :)

My job today (thank god its only a single day) is to watch a tiny little parking lot of this warehouse and make sure only employees park here. Simple enough right? (I'd rather dig a ditch in the desert and fill it back up than do this for 8 hours. I have a metal fold out chair to sit in, which is conveniently placed on the dirt between some spider invested bushes. Wonderful! What a s**t job already!

So now the fun begins.... I arrive at 8:31 (shift started at 8:30) and this old lady (also a guard) starts telling me how I'm sooo late and I should be here by 815 so I can already be in my little chair by 830..... Yeah, oooookk! Next she tells me I have to take my sweater off because it covers the patches. I already knew I'd have to take it off because its state law to have the patches showing. I told her I'll just sit I'm my car to keep warm and she says NO! I have to be outside in my metal chair in the dirt :screwy: so then she sees my long sleeve under shirt and flips again! "You can't wear layers!" Holy crap, She's nuts! So I tell her look, I either wear my sweater, or sit I'm the truck. I'm not gonna freeze my ass of in the drizzle and get sick.

Now she proceeds to take her work jacket off and give it to me since she gets to sit inside a nice warm building and listen to music and play games all day :rolleyes: so I say fine and take the jacket...... It smells like dirty old lady!! :puke: :mad::eek: (I'm gagging just thinking about it right now) she tells me I wear that. F***! Fine! I'll wear the dam jacket!! I tell myself its only a few hours Anthony, you can do this.

Now this lady tells me that at 1 o'clock when she leaves, shes taking the jacket and I have to also take off my undershirt now because we supposedly can't have layer on (long sleeve under shirt). So this b**** wants me to take everything off now and wear a dam short sleeve shirt with no undershirt the rest of my shift (until 5pm). Yeah ummmm.... Not gonna happen lady!

Now I'm stuck, sitting on a metal chair, for 8.5 hours, in the dirt, inches away from spider and lizard invested bushes, wearing a jacket that makes me wanna barf.... And all this for $9 f***ing dollars per hour. All because I wanted to be nice and do my old boss a favor.

Worst part of the whole story, I can't call my boss and tell him this lady is crazy and I'm not listening to her because she is his mother in law :eek::mad::banghead:

At this moment I'm debating throwing myself in the bushes to get eaten by spiders so I either die or I get sent home.

And you thought your Monday sucked :sly:
You think you got it bad; that's nothing. Today my wife put Swiss cheese on my sandwich, when I specifically remember telling her I wanted American cheese.

MONDAY....BLAH! after such an awesome weekend, well back on the grind, here is what we got going on today

Tostito's is getting bumps
picture.php

yup passenger side too
picture.php

the preruner raced all three days of the Del Mar Tuff Trucks Event and she made it back home just as good as when she left, we were the only ones to compete all three days and drive our truck home!
picture.php

every day the prerunner made it to the race in the AM and took us home after a full day of Racing
picture.php

:laughing: the joys of being married lol

My ex wife was a great cook.........when it came to Italian food, she was Italian. I had to teach her how to cook good American food. One thing she never got down was how to make toast, always burnt it. :laughing:

Now my last girlfriend sucked at cooking she burnt water. Oh well, I get paid to cook so if I want some decent grub I do it myself. Maybe the next gal I find will know how to cook :whistling2:

here is what is going on today Monday at the shop

more Tubes added to in2night's build and beginning to button up all the loose ends
picture.php

another shot of the cage work
picture.php

My ex wife was a great cook.........when it came to Italian food, she was Italian. I had to teach her how to cook good American food. One thing she never got down was how to make toast, always burnt it. :laughing:

Now my last girlfriend sucked at cooking she burnt water. Oh well, I get paid to cook so if I want some decent grub I do it myself. Maybe the next gal I find will know how to cook :whistling2:

well there you go byrd...:whistling2:

well there you go byrd...:whistling2:

:huh:

To be honest Tacoma fan, I haven't been looking, there's been a few that have flirted the past yr, I went out with a woman 10 yrs younger than me in March, but I'm just not in the mood to mess with any woman. Besides, if I date, then my Taco looses out on mod money. I have my priorities, mods to my truck 1st, then maybe see whats out there. There are always available women looking. And the ones that are make it so obvious, they might as well be wearing a billboard. ;)

Back