Things I should do?!?

J.R.

So I got my Revtek 40013 levelling kit, and now want to get rims and tires. I’m hoping to for 16 inch rims and 285/75r16 BFG KO2 tires with 0 offset. Is there anything else I should do while I’m at it? I see some guys doing a diff drop, longer brake lines? Something about a needle bearing?

Thoughts?

Pic for attention

Attachments

• 6999966D-51F1-45A0-85F1-3D2619EA1534.jpeg
    6999966D-51F1-45A0-85F1-3D2619EA1534.jpeg
    844 KB · Views: 110
If you don’t have the needle bearing issue after the lift you are good for now. It would be an intermittent hum that happens around 35mph you won’t hear it or feel it at lower speeds and it will go away after 45 mph. If you drive at 35 and turn 4wd high on it will also go away.
You won’t need the drop diff that’s something they would have done with the lift.
You don’t need longer brake lines.
You will need to remove the front mud flaps and get a good alignment.
Truck looks great. Can’t wait to see it with the wheels and tires.

So I got my Revtek 40013 levelling kit, and now want to get rims and tires. I’m hoping to for 16 inch rims and 285/75r16 BFG KO2 tires with 0 offset. Is there anything else I should do while I’m at it? I see some guys doing a diff drop, longer brake lines? Something about a needle bearing?

Thoughts?

Pic for attention

With the 285's & if you offroad, you'll most likely ( you will ) need to do a little trimming & at some point you'll need to do a cab mount chop if you really want to eliminate tire rubbing especially when off roading...

With the 285's & if you offroad, you'll most likely ( you will ) need to do a little trimming & at some point you'll need to do a cab mount chop if you really want to eliminate tire rubbing especially when off roading...
I’m fine with losing the mudflaps, but how much is the cab mount chop usually?

I didn’t have my cab mounts chopped and I have the same set up you’re about to have. I get a little rubbing when at full lock hitting a hard bump quick. If I take things slow I have no issues. I don’t plan on chopping anything at this time.

I didn’t have my cab mounts chopped and I have the same set up you’re about to have. I get a little rubbing when at full lock hitting a hard bump quick. If I take things slow I have no issues. I don’t plan on chopping anything at this time.
Hopefully I can get away with it too cause I really don’t want to do any cutting. It looks like I have a ****load of space in my wheel wells though. I’m doing with the Method NV 16 inch rims btw!

You'll be losing more than just flaps, there's a fair amount of plastic to be trimmed in & around the inner well/flairs , as far as the chop goes I've done 4 or 5 but never charged anyone, but I think it'd be less than $200 & that should cover the labor of cutting the mount & plating it off with a little welding...

You'll be losing more than just flaps, there's a fair amount of plastic to be trimmed in & around the inner well/flairs , as far as the chop goes I've done 4 or 5 but never charged anyone, but I think it'd be less than $200 & that should cover the labor of cutting the mount & plating it off with a little welding...

And this is for 3rd gens?

And this is for 3rd gens?

Yeah, why not...
1/50 times it may be needed. The one person I’ve hear of so far on this forum that has chopped the mounts on a third gen is someone who put 285/75/17 tires on.
285/75/16
285/70/17
285/65/18
285/60/19
285/55/20
285/50/21
285/45/22
Haven’t heard of them chopping the mounts.
For the average person (3rd gen) who goes off road up to moderately will never have an issue. Maybe later when they are 10 years old and the average owner is taking them to extremes cab mount chop will be done more often.
My point- they are to New for folks to wheel hard enough to chop.
Give it 10 yrs.

Back