Thinking of Being a Tacoma Owner

Hey All,
I was thinking of moving from a Jeep Wrangler to getting a Tacoma. I can only afford a used Tacoma right now.
What should I look for?
What should I avoid?
Any tips, years, or any other advice that I should know would be greatly appreciated moving on to being a Yota family member!!

GO FOR IT!

Although I've owned 3 Toyota trucks now, two being mid-eighties SR5 4x4's....and the 2014 PreRunner I bought back in July; I really like the 2003 and 2004 models. Like stated before, look for frame rust and frame repairs. Lots of nice used Tacomas here in Texas!

I'm starting to get envious guys , I think I'm the only non-Tacoma owner around, ha ! Actually I'M GOOD , AT least til the snow melts ! Did find a 2003 TRD that is factory SUPER charged . Anybody have any experience with these type of setups ? What is the good and bad ? Thanks, I'm sure there are a lot if you more knowledgeable than I ABOUT this .

Trelwell.....I had the TRD Supercharger installed on my 2014 PreRunner and it is a kick to drive around in! It's like an entirely different truck since the install. I also installed the same suspension as the BAJA / PRO models. Found some FJ 17" rims and swapped-out the factory wheels with some new skins: TOYO Open Country All-Terrain II's. My experience so far with the supercharger is this: Take care of it like you would any other part of your truck, and you will be fine. Things to watch/listen for on the S/C is constant "rattling" that may mean the coupler is worn (which is an easy fix), and keep the S/C oil clean! I'm already going to mod the S/C with a Goodyear Poly V Gator supercharger belt and a new-design coupler from ZZPerformance! These trucks are a blast to own and there are so many aftermarket parts for them, it's unreal!!!!! :)

If this helps I got a 2001 for $10,500 new frame & rear springs from Toyota, 2 new tires & 2 rear shocks from car dealer.
I only have had it for 3 weeks I Like it so far.
I was really glad to have a pickup (not my JK) when I had to get a new water heater 2 WEEKS AGO.

Back