Those with the 2016

Only had my Inferno, 2016, TRD Sport, access cab, 4x4 since 12/22/15 (Christmas present to me from me ;) ) about 1300 miles, lovin' it.. Running around rural central FL. short trips, 5-10 miles gettin' 20-21 mpg.

Update to my last post. As far as the MPG goes, I feel stupid. I've been monitoring the tire PSI through the mini display but hadn't checked the actual PSI recommendation on the tire.
The dealer gave it to me with the tires at 30psi, so I naturally assumed that's what it was supposed to be. The tires on the Off Road should be 51 max.
As soon as I set them to that, I got huge gains on the highway. I bumped to 23/24mpg. Thank God. I feel better. But worse for not realizing it was the psi sooner.

16' TRD Off Road DCLB Inferno

30 cold is barely 32 warm according to the TPMS

Researched that. I think I'll reduce a little.

Let us know how many miles you put on those tires at 51psi when they go BOOM! lol. Follow the inner door sticker with 30psi and save yourself a grand in new tires this year.

Nah. Reduced to 40psi. Something is up with the mileage. I don't get better than 17ish highway. Either the claim is way off or the tire isn't the same one they tested with.
This could end up being another Kia/Hyundai mpg debacle.
I'm not sure anyone is getting near the claimed mpg.
Upping the psi made all the difference and stopped ALL shifting issues with cruise control on the highway.
I will be putting an ARE Overland top, 16x8 rims, and Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs later this year, and the MPG I get @30psi (18.5 combined) is what I should get with all that added.
I will be staying at 40psi minimum. I own a Ford Explorer sport trac with the psi set to the tire, not truck recommendation and have gotten 10k more past the warranty and probably still have another 10k before they need to be replaced.
They have worn perfectly, evenly and have been great at that higher psi.

2015 here, but I was running 30-31psi in the stock tires with 5100s and found I like the ride much better at 28-29psi.

Anyone that had a 2nd generation model and upgraded to the 2016 have any comments on ride quality in comparison?

No one: just complaining about looks, a early few had defects, and early ones were made in Mexico.

The ride quality was as good as a Porsche Cayenne!! Its the truth. The new Tacoma rides nice!!!! You will not be disappointed with this truck, ride and power is excellent for a midsize truck!! I ordered a PRO and cant wait to free up some coin!!!

I like seeing this. Because if this is true, then what it comes down to is simple; that Toyota has misled consumers with exaggerated mpg claims and will likely face a class action against those mpg claims, resulting in a massive reimbursement to customers as a whole. To make up for the erroneous claims, individual payments received is usually $200-$600.00 respectively.

I should amend my last post to say that, I do believe that research, but until something is done by Toyota, I don't see where I have a choice.
Another note: I posted a question to Toyota on their Toyota USA Facebook post about the 2016 Tacoma regarding the mpg, and curiously enough, Toyota did not respond, retort, reaffirm..... They simply deleted my post. Seems very guilty.

I've only had mine about a week and a half but so far I'm loving it. It rides much nicer and is getting almost 4 mpg more in the same conditions as the 4.0 Ranger it replaced.

Back