Tire and wheel size

The mpg will decrease with bigger tires and you put 285/75/17 which is even bigger than 285/70/17 which is usually the largest tires folks are able to fit on these 3rd gens with a 3” lift.
Also I was rhyming probably should have just said you will see a decrease on MPG with those tires.

Drove it around the last two days city cruising and then made a trip down south so went through a half tank and still maintained 18 so that’s good enough for me [emoji2]

Drove it around the last two days city cruising and then made a trip down south so went through a half tank and still maintained 18 so that’s good enough for me [emoji2]
I’m curious what it will be after a month and 3 or 4 tanks.
You where able to fit 285/75/17 on there?

anyone have suggestions on some fender flares or Something to keep mud from being thrown on my truck? The stance with the stealth customs is awesome, but my truck is always filthy!
What??? You don’t like dirt. Haha
The bushwackers will add about an inch over stock. Those are the only ones I’ve researched only because I’ve scratched my stock ones off road in the forest. I’m keeping my stock ones until they are destroyed. You might find a better price if you look around but those will fit the 3rd gen. https://www.amazon.com/Bushwacker-30922-02-Toyota-Pocket-Fender/dp/B01DQV2ZOS

Im thinking fronts will not work with the 285/76/17 those are 33.8” tall and 11.2” wide. I’m sure they will rub.

I didn’t look back and see he had the oversized tires. The rears will still help a ton. Either that or the bushwhackers.

If he had 285/70/17 it would be pushing it and most likely rub up front. I was just going to add that he could run the rears though. But you’ll want to take them off when you go off road or you might have them taken of for you.
#donttouchmymudflaps

If he had 285/70/17 it would be pushing it and most likely rub up front. I was just going to add that he could run the rears though. But you’ll want to take them off when you go off road or you might have them taken of for you.
#donttouchmymudflaps

Haha.

What??? You don’t like dirt. Haha
The bushwackers will add about an inch over stock. Those are the only ones I’ve researched only because I’ve scratched my stock ones off road in the forest. I’m keeping my stock ones until they are destroyed. You might find a better price if you look around but those will fit the 3rd gen. https://www.amazon.com/Bushwacker-30922-02-Toyota-Pocket-Fender/dp/B01DQV2ZOS

Well I’m not one of those city guys who gets their truck dirty once a month. [emoji23] literally I live down a 5 mile dirt road with lots of mud and gravel so it’s a daily thing.

Well I’m not one of those city guys who gets their truck dirty once a month. [emoji23] literally I live down a 5 mile dirt road with lots of mud and gravel so it’s a daily thing.
Well bushwackers will give you about inch more protection. Rear mud flaps would help the back some but you won’t be able to run them up front. What width and offset are your wheels? 17x? And ?offset

Is it possible to run staggered rims like a 7 in front and 8 on the rear as long as you run same tire it may not cause a rub issue ? just asking .as long as the outside looks the same .

Is it possible to run staggered rims like a 7 in front and 8 on the rear as long as you run same tire it may not cause a rub issue ? just asking .as long as the outside looks the same .
Yes it’s possible. You could but what would the point of that be? If you have the same size tires there’s no reason to run different size rims. The wider rim would just have a weaker bead.
I had a MB SLK230 Kompressor that had wider tires in the back so it could make since to have wider wheels. It’s more a sports car thing, not so much a truck thing.

I'm smellin' what your steppin' in !
We mostly run on the beach , so, not woods . and air down to17-18 lbs. I only seen one camper roll a bead on a 6 wheel Winnie but he had 10 lbs in the rear duellys.
You wouldn’t want wider rims in that situation.

Back