Tonneau cover.. soft or hard?

I like the soft roll up ones best for my uses. Had the same brand on the last 3 trucks I owned.

Drove thru a hellasious storm last week on 4 a little north of Orlando. People were parked under bridges...a little hail was falling. Got home and unloaded some wood I had in the back and didn't see any water. Didn't look up towards the cab thou.

i-jv4985G-L.jpg

i-CcLjWjx-M.jpg
Is this the roll up style? Bought the same brand in a roll up and so far I’m pleased with it.

Do you or can you take the roll up style through car washes with the roller style brushes?

I’m sure it wouldn’t hurt it. But on the other hand, i wouldn’t take a $45k pro through one of those anyway. Never know what kind of particles got pulled off the last vehicle that would scratch your clear coat

I’m sure it wouldn’t hurt it. But on the other hand, i wouldn’t take a $45k pro through one of those anyway. Never know what kind of particles got pulled off the last vehicle that would scratch your clear coat
You are absolutely right, at some point I’ll use one though. Maybe send the wife through first-not really though.

Thanx they are Level 8. 17 x9 -12 offset 4.5 backspace .I probably should have got the 8's but 9 were 6 bucks more so I got greedy for the width .had to lift so no rub .265-70-17 they ride nice did a road trip to the tip of cape cod today and got 21.3 on highway

Last edited:
I am a fan of the hard tri-folds. With the Pop-N-Lock tailgate lock, you can lock your stuff up. Also if you live in the north where it gets crazy cold, you don't have to worry about stretching the vinyl to put it back on if you need to remove it when it is 0 deg outside. I am very happy with the LoMax I just put on my 2019 OR.

I am a fan of the hard tri-folds. With the Pop-N-Lock tailgate lock, you can lock your stuff up. Also if you live in the north where it gets crazy cold, you don't have to worry about stretching the vinyl to put it back on if you need to remove it when it is 0 deg outside. I am very happy with the LoMax I just put on my 2019 OR.
Maybe when it’s time to replace the soft roll up one I bought I’m going with a hard trifold!

The important thing when choosing a cover is thinking about what you expect out of a cover. Ive had roll ups, roll ups on a frame which made it a roll up/lift up, and now I have a tri fold. Each one of them ha e jad their benefits and detractors, its all in what you want/need.

I had a factory tri fold .it worked nice but leak at the joints e ven has a disclaim er in the owners manual to cover important items in the bed they may get wet ! Really ? Its an $875.00 option ! I sold it an love my ARE 1 piece lid

I had a factory tri fold .it worked nice but leak at the joints e ven has a disclaim er in the owners manual to cover important items in the bed they may get wet ! Really ? Its an $875.00 option ! I sold it an love my ARE 1 piece lid
I ran some stick on foam window insulation under the top folds and have no problems since.

Still takes two men an a boy to remove!

Does this cover require that you remove the factory accessory rails inside of the bed that the tie down loops slide in??
Thank you
IIRC you remove them to install the cover and install them with the covers mounting brackets. The rails can still be mounted and used with the tie downs. The covers mounting brackets drop the rails.
I can’t find a better picture right now. You can see some of the silver mounting brackets and the rail and tie downs in this picture.
D3867C9C-DBB2-4145-9AB4-20DEBF3D8EF5.jpeg

Back