Top 15 Mods Under $250.... GO!

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by greg8765, Dec 29, 2017.

1. FRANKCRAWFORD

FRANKCRAWFORD Active Member

Weathertech window visors. Not avs the avs are not good.

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

I have AVS and they’re fine. I’ve used them for years and have never had any issues.

4. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

I have some tyger stuff on the truck. They make quality products at good prices.
    I’ll look into their rock sliders. Thanks.

inferno75 likes this.
  5. FRANKCRAWFORD

I say that because i just bought avs inchannels and they were cut kind of rough and install with 3m tape. I test fit them then sent them back and ordered the weathertech. The difference was night and day. The wt visors are pressure fit and use channel clips in the rear very solid no tape. I also thought the avs were ok until i got the weathertech. Well worth the extra 45bucks. As always just one mans opinion.

Bogunn likes this.
  6. mrproduxn

mrproduxn Well-Known Member

Auto anything.com and that was with tip and after $25 rebate and 25% off sale price

inferno75 and Bogunn like this.
  7. FRANKCRAWFORD

Pics 20180208_084210.jpg 20180208_084202.jpg

OR17TRD and Bogunn like this.
  8. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

I’m sure the weather techs are nicer. I had similar in channel ones with the clips on a Subaru for the wife once that were dealer installed. They were top notch.
    I love and only use out channels so I can’t really give an honest comparison for the AVS in channels.
    I like out channels better because of issues I had with in channels in the ‘90’s. Maybe the junk ones I tried years ago were AVS! Lol.

9. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Those weathertechs do look really great!

Like someone posted in another thread a while back, the out channels look like “angry eyebrows” where they’re so thick. Haha.
    I see that every time this conversation comes up now.
    RenderedContent-2DC613BD-14F2-4459-8CFD-E8FAD5BBBA79.JPG

OR17TRD likes this.
  10. Raeburn

Raeburn Active Member

The armrest organizer came in today, pretty decent for $19 (Canadian) IMG_20180209_2059271.jpg

JonRod, Bogunn and OR17TRD like this.
  11. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Store maple leafs under it. ;)

Boxerdad214 and Bogunn like this.
  12. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Same one I have. They’re nice.

13. LOKi

LOKi Member

Got a link for that? I did a search but none of the trays that turned up looked quite like that one.

14. mrproduxn

Bogunn likes this.
  15. mrproduxn

Attached Files:

Bogunn likes this.
  16. Raeburn

Raeburn Active Member

Don't know how to upload a link, but I got it off Amazon Canada. Just search for 2016 tacoma armrest organizer on their site, that's how I found it

17. Raeburn

Raeburn Active Member

I just hook the cap to the fuel door using the cap tether, works great for me. IMG_20180218_0913143.jpg

mcklovin77 and OR17TRD like this.
  18. OR17TRD

19. OR17TRD

That’s what did before I replace it with a stant locking one that doesn’t have the tether. Now I just set it on my tonneau cover.

Bogunn likes this.
  20. mrproduxn

Me too but the mod is just so cool and the name works well "gasshole". Mine has a tendency to slip off sometimes and bang the fender. Eventually I will get a paint scratch or chip so this works for me. Would have been better if Toyota just stuck a u-shaped piece of rubber on the filler door to hold the cap similar to how all car manufacturers always did. But that savings is just another $1 profit for Toyota. Oh what a feeling. It's only money.

Bogunn likes this.
  21. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member