Turbo kit for 4.0l?

I thought about 4.7 swap but don't want to buy the new engine.
Just getting trd sc 255 pulley, ucon, full exhaust + headers, 7th injector, & 5.29 gears
So many times this is said... so few follow through.
Dont forget a fuel pump, intake, the ex gears, ypipe, clutch or vb work, prob an adjustable fpr, and if ur rlly thinking ur gunna do this, just send it to Stiegemeier

Since ur thinking on spending real money, upgrade the resi for a large aluminum one, and a bigger heat exchanger

I think it's funny when Tor says he's making all this power from the 1GR but he doesn't say he's a sleeved, bored and stroked 4.3 1GR now.

His sleeve job is well known as he was the 1st person to work with darton and the 1gr, if ppl are new to the game, they may not be wise to whats up, but tor has never hidden the turbo on the old engine, nor the punch job on this engine to my knowledge

His sleeve job is well known as he was the 1st person to work with darton and the 1gr, if ppl are new to the game, they may not be wise to whats up, but tor has never hidden the turbo on the old engine, nor the punch job on this engine to my knowledge

I wouldn’t say he hides it but when I say swap to LS he will say something like “My 1GR makes this much.”

So many times this is said... so few follow through.
Dont forget a fuel pump, intake, the ex gears, ypipe, clutch or vb work, prob an adjustable fpr, and if ur rlly thinking ur gunna do this, just send it to Stiegemeier

Since ur thinking on spending real money, upgrade the resi for a large aluminum one, and a bigger heat exchanger

Not thinking. I will. No strings holding me back. No kids, girl, or car payment, and I live at home. I finish my pharmacy tech school in 2 months.
I also said all the little things that go with it. I didn't want to spend a year typing everything out

Not thinking. I will. No strings holding me back. No kids, girl, or car payment, and I live at home. I finish my pharmacy tech school in 2 months.
I also said all the little things that go with it. I didn't want to spend a year typing everything out

If ur living at home, why stop there?

Going to get it nice and fast, put it on 37s, 3 link the rear LT the front, maybe change the rear axle for a Dana or diamond? Then hopefully I'll decide to stop
Quick is the word... fast, not so much.

Be like mauck and get the internals done on the sly too

Is mauck someone on TW?
U toobs... he went from nothing to juzt aboot everything overnight, yet remains clueless to wtf he actually has.

But if u get errything he thinks he has, u should be fairly quick, but even 400hp can be underwhelming depending on weight. My buddy has a urd setup and 0-60 is underwhelming due to the weight of his truck.

U toobs... he went from nothing to juzt aboot everything overnight, yet remains clueless to wtf he actually has.

But if u get errything he thinks he has, u should be fairly quick, but even 400hp can be underwhelming depending on weight. My buddy has a urd setup and 0-60 is underwhelming due to the weight of his truck.

Im trying to keep it somewhat light. I have added bumpers and skids but not going to do the "overland" thing, just what it needs for protection and capability. Going to try and find carbon bits to help bring it down a bit and lighter bucket seats. And gears to make it feel stock or slightly lower with big tires

Darn. I'm considering the URD supercharger kit. Hear it's badass.
Im sure its better than the rear mount turbo.

Why dont u wait a little longer, word is that gadget is thinking about doing a tvs blower for the 2nd gen tacoma.
But if u must have the blowoff valve noise, then maybe a turbo or urds belt driven turbo is for you afterall.

What are your realistic goals?
What have u done so far to prepare?
Whats your budget?
Do you like buying premium fuel all the time?

Back