Update on 3" lifting in my Taco

rosemeadblvd

Finally got my 2017 taco lifted to 3" all around. Here is my truck info
2017 DCSB. 285/75/16 Mickey Thompson MTZ3- stock rim with 1.25" spacer(equivalent to 3.75" backspace) I believe this is a lot. No trimming ATM. This truck will not rub when stand still or driving even light off-roading. (Full turn forward and reverse) this truck will rub, I would say the tire will attach to the mud flap and the fender well when most of the trucks weight push forward. For example, when going downhill (attached photo) the tire rubs all the way with steering straight ahead. So my conclusion is, even with 3 inch all around+low offset , trimming is a must if you want to go off-road. Any input is welcome and appreciated.IMG_7646.JPGIMG_7648.JPGIMG_7643.JPGIMG_7642.JPG

You’re off set is not right for those tires your alignment my need adjusted. A wheel spacer giving 3.75” back space when stock back space is 4.5” isn’t going to do it. I bet if you get a aftermarket wheel with 0 or -6 offset and a good alignment you wouldn’t rub like that.

1.25" wheel spacer should be closer to 3.25" backspacing and that will make rubbing a big problem.

You’re off set is not right for those tires your alignment my need adjusted. A wheel spacer giving 3.75” back space when stock back space is 4.5” isn’t going to do it. I bet if you get a aftermarket wheel with 0 or -6 offset and a good alignment you wouldn’t rub like that.

love your specs, but make no mistake brother, he's gonna rub....

Chop, chop, chop, no way around it, done many configs & it all returns to chopping & trimming...;)

To the OP, I'm glad you've come to that realization that many more before have come to...

love your specs, but make no mistake brother, he's gonna rub....

Chop, chop, chop, no way around it, done many configs & it all returns to chopping & trimming...;)
All I’m saying is with the right wheels and alignment you will have minimal rubbing. You can do what you need to after that. Don’t just start hacking the truck up to fit the wrong equipment.

Not a big fan of body lifts but a 2” body lift helped me with this exact problem, different trucks but same problem. 3” suspension wasn’t enough with my pro comp rims and the body lift made it all work. With the tube steps I put on, you can’t really notice the body lift. Some sliders would do the same

Is this the cab mount your tire is rubbing on ?

img_7642-jpg.14191

I've seen some people cut and hack away at their cab mounts.... We need a thumbs down button. [emoji107] If people wanna do that it's Their truck.. I would never be able to cut mine..

Well , all I can say is first off, it's not "hacking" anything,
I never suggested , nor do I "hack", I said "Chop" & if you guys want to fit the tires of your choice & get the lift you want & do all the cool off roading you see on tv or magazine get over yourselves & what you think you know about cab mount chopping, it isn't a backyard half ass'd job ( you can bet it started in someones garage somewhere) , it's a betterment of what Toyota over looked , they left too much material on those mounts sticking out & after you "chop" this excess off by way of angle grinder & plate it off with a weld , you WILL have no rubbing in even hard rutted corners in the dirt & IT DOES NOT WEAKEN ANYTHING, I've done cab chops apparently no one else has , so not to sound like a dick but unless you've done it or FULLY understand the process it's just opinions & not fact & probably shouldn't inject what they know nothing about...

Back