Want to upgrade wheels/tires with no lift

sam16yota

What's up guys so I want to upgrade my wheels and tires but do not have a lift. I'm sure there are threads on this already but can't find an exact answer. Was wondering if anyone has done this and what sizes they fit? Stock wheels and tires are 245/75R16 looking to stay on 16" wheels but upgrade tires and wheels together what is the max size or tire I could fit? Thank you very much in advance for your advice.

What's up guys so I want to upgrade my wheels and tires but do not have a lift. I'm sure there are threads on this already but can't find an exact answer. Was wondering if anyone has done this and what sizes they fit? Stock wheels and tires are 245/75R16 looking to stay on 16" wheels but upgrade tires and wheels together what is the max size or tire I could fit? Thank you very much in advance for your advice.
You can fit 265/75/16 no problem. You may have to remove the front mud flaps but it looks better without them anyways

How about 265/60/18 what is the max size without lifting the truck, let me know...thank you

How about 265/60/18 what is the max size without lifting the truck, let me know...thank you
I've never ran that size but it should fit since it not really bigger than stock. If you go aftermarket on wheels just make sure you have the proper backspacing

ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1459279181.116366.jpg

265/75/16 is the biggest you can go with no lift/trimming/rubbing according to Discount Tire.
I have Pro Comp 7032 16x8 4.5 backspace/0 offset with BFG T/A KO2 265/75/16. They stick out about 1-1 1/2" more than stock and don't rub at all
ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1459279332.609228.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1459279352.644480.jpg

16' TRD Off Road DCLB Inferno

Awesome thank you! WEX, exactly the look I'm going for and was planning to get the KO2's as well once I had confirmation of no rubbing. Really appreciate the advice. If you don't mind me asking where did you order from? They carry those on tirerack.com and that's where I was going to order unless anyone knew of a better site or store! Thanks again

Thanks. I actually bought them from discount tire. Just over $900 for the 4 installed with the warranty/lifetime rotation. I would recommend buying new TPMS as the stock ones max out at 55psi.
I run a bit higher on these because they are 80psi max cold. Discount recommended 55psi.
The rims I bought at auto anything. Pro comp is having a 15%off sale. New customers get an additional discount plus pro comp is paying for next day air. $433 for the wheels to my door.

Real nice set up. I recently did a 3" leveling kit on my DC or 2 wheel drive. Soon new tires will be done. Thinking I may try to do 33's with a 1.25 spacer on the stock rims.

They are the 10ply. Apparently BFG no longer makes anything but 10 in that size, and if that's the look you want, your gonna have to take the ding on mpg

What's the biggest tire you can fit on the TRD sport model. I was hoping to put the copper discover t max 275/70/70.

I am running 265/70/17 general grabbers at2 the heavier duty ones on my 16 sport and have to say after many years running ko2s I will not go back to bfgs , especially for the price is way cheaper and less noise ....

Got these today at Discount tire. 265/70/17s. BFG AT K02s. Got the 6-ply tires. Had a chance to lift both 10 ply and 6 ply. 10 Ply is waaaaay heavier. Discount Tire said 6 ply is fine for my little Tacoma. American Outlaw "Ranger" wheels, 17x8.5, -6 offset.

Had to remove front mud flaps and then trim a little plastic protrusion under the flap, which is not noticeable and would be covered up if flap reinstalled. Don't off road really except for trips on dirt paths with slight bumps and occasional mud at remote shooting ranges.

Last edited:
Got these today at Discount tire. 265/70/17s. BFG AT K02s. Got the 6-ply tires. Had a chance to lift both 10 ply and 6 ply. 10 Ply is waaaaay heavier. Discount Tire said 6 ply is fine for my little Tacoma. American Outlaw "Ranger" wheels, 17x8.5, -6 offset.

Had to remove front mud flaps and then trim a little plastic protrusion under the flap, which is not noticeable and would be covered up if flap reinstalled. Don't off road really except for trips on dirt paths with slight bumps and occasional mud at remote shooting ranges.

These aren't BFG KO 2's .ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1460082302.715527.jpg

Back