Want to upgrade wheels/tires with no lift

How about the 18' wheels for Limited tacoma what's the best customs tire without lift? Any suggestions...
18" wheels maybe, but 18 foot wheels may not fit :)
Depends what you do with it, but I always suggest all terrains for trucks. Unless the majority of where you drive each day is muddy terrain, you don't need mud terrains for a daily driver

This is my '14 TRD OR DCSB squirrelin' rig
But considering I have a 3" lift with 285s, I'd suggest 265/70 16 17 18... If you intend to get wheels, try to stick with a -6 or 0 offsetImageUploadedByTaco Forum1461785317.414541.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1461785523.911113.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1461785537.678079.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1461785557.997058.jpg

Last edited:
I apologize I'm a disable person for foot ( ' ) instead of inch ( " ) I'm blamed right eye I've been in wheelchair all of my life, it's for my father truck...

Sorry to gravedig, but I think this thread is what Ive been looking for. Im all stock right now, 245/65/16 tires. I would like to go up to 275 tires, but i do not want to loose my mudflaps. I am not sure about lifting yet, but I am considering a leveling kit for the front. With a leveling kit can I put on 275 tires and keep the mudflaps?

Also i found a guy selling 2016 trd 17" wheels on ebay. Thinking of getting those too, would it be ok putting 2016 trd rims on a 2010 Prerunner?

Sorry to gravedig, but I think this thread is what Ive been looking for. Im all stock right now, 245/65/16 tires. I would like to go up to 275 tires, but i do not want to loose my mudflaps. I am not sure about lifting yet, but I am considering a leveling kit for the front. With a leveling kit can I put on 275 tires and keep the mudflaps?

Also i found a guy selling 2016 trd 17" wheels on ebay. Thinking of getting those too, would it be ok putting 2016 trd rims on a 2010 Prerunner?
Yeah they fit in seen a few 2nd gen running around with the new rims

U sure u wanna use a spacer lift?

U sure u wanna use a spacer lift?

No not sure yet, just ideas I have and seeing what more experienced members can tell me about good and bad. I know i would like it leveled to begin with, lifted later on. With a lift kit, would I still need a level spacer?

No not sure yet, just ideas I have and seeing what more experienced members can tell me about good and bad. I know i would like it leveled to begin with, lifted later on. With a lift kit, would I still need a level spacer?

1st, im a little confused..... a leveling kit IS a lift.

So i dont understand what u mean level it first, then lift later.

Ok thats my bad, I knew I would sound dumb eventually haha

I wasn't thinking about the leveling as a lift, but it is. ok let me post these:
http://puretacoma.com/rough-country...n-toyota-tacoma-leveling-lift-kit-p-5283.html
http://www.lowrangeoffroad.com/toyo...unner-by-low-range-off-road-lr-lrtaco2wd.html

These are 2 leveling kits I have been looking at. The front of my truck is lower than the rear, and I like the even level look of some I have seen. Not a major lift, just bringing up the front to be even with the rear. This is what I'm leaning towards right now early on because it is less expensive and I think is more for looks.

These are what I was referring to as lift kits, 1 I read about in another thread and sounds to be good.
http://ktperformance.net/i-8553654-pro-comp-suspension-kittoyota-2005-12-tacoma-3-with-shocks.html
http://www.headstrongoffroad.com/store/p440/Coil/Bilstein_5100_Kit_-_(HS05BK-1).html

Installing one of these lift kits would be much later, if I decide that is what I want to do. What I meant with needing the spacer, is: do these lift kits also level out the front of the truck even with the rear? or would I need to combine them to achieve the level look? thats what I didn't understand, sorry for the confusion.
Originally I came into the thread because I was wanting larger tires, and was thinking 275s, and figured I would need something to lift the truck to fit the tires and was hoping my mudflaps would not have to be removed, but been reading some more and it looks like I will go with 265s to start out with anyway.
For the kits I posted can you recommend which is the best, or recommend any others? Thanks

Hello all,

Looking on-line for some answers and came across your forum. So, I have a 2016 4x4 Tacoma with stock 16 inch wheels. Thinking of upgrading to Pro comp Series 7069 with 31 inch tires and do not want to go with a lift, but 4wheel parts guys says i have to go with 17 inch wheels due to clearance concern that wheel will rub on brake caliper. This does not seem right to me since I have 16 inch factory wheels on now and new wheels will have a back space to push them out a little more than stock. I want to stick with 16 inch wheels. Does this make sense to you guys? Any help would be great.

Fidel
Diamond Bar California

Thanks Paco, but I guess I should have been more specific. The wheels are after-market pro-comps. I want them in the 16 inch but with the bigger wheels, but for some reason he states that after-market wheels need to go to 17 inch due to concern of them hitting brake caliper. Doesn't make sense to me. 16 inch stock wheel vs 16 inch after-market wheel are different and wont fit even with the BS pushing them out a little? am I missing something or is this guy trying to push a more expensive wheel on me?

Thanks Paco, but I guess I should have been more specific. The wheels are after-market pro-comps. I want them in the 16 inch but with the bigger wheels, but for some reason he states that after-market wheels need to go to 17 inch due to concern of them hitting brake caliper. Doesn't make sense to me. 16 inch stock wheel vs 16 inch after-market wheel are different and wont fit even with the BS pushing them out a little? am I missing something or is this guy trying to push a more expensive wheel on me?
My truck had 16 inch stock wheels. I bought 16x8 aftermarket wheels and they rubbed the calipers. I thought for sure they'd fit but they didn't. Instead of returning them I bought wheels spacers to push them out a little more

Back