Want to upgrade wheels/tires with no lift

ok...i've been reading and scrolling forever and couldn't find this specific question...

i'm purchasing a 2018 tacoma limited next week (because my wife's uncle works at toyota and i can't get the discount on the TRD pro) and the first thing i want to do it replace the tires and wheels (of course LOL)...i have the chance to score some 17" TRD pro wheels and was wondering:

1. will those work?
2. what tire size/type/brand would be best to slap on there

thanks in advance!

ok...i've been reading and scrolling forever and couldn't find this specific question...

i'm purchasing a 2018 tacoma limited next week (because my wife's uncle works at toyota and i can't get the discount on the TRD pro) and the first thing i want to do it replace the tires and wheels (of course LOL)...i have the chance to score some 17" TRD pro wheels and was wondering:

1. will those work?

thanks in advance!
I have falken wild peaks AT 265/70/17

I had them with stock wheels and no lift for a while
ea7eb095b83aac220d8d7ba8c76e9c02.jpg

1. will those work?

thanks in advance!
Why the limited if you wanted the pro? Get the off-road with leather seats and add suspension and you’ve basically got your pro. Cheaper than a limited.

You can put a 285/60/18 on .8.5 inch 0 offset .With 4.5 backspace as well no lift road tested these off my tundra before i sold it .And they did not rub they are like 30.5 tall 20180113_160339_Film1.jpg

You can put a 285/60/18 on .8.5 inch 0 offset .With 4.5 backspace as well no lift road tested these off my tundra before i sold it .And they did not rub they are like 30.5 tall View attachment 15931
they are 31.5x11.2”
With a 2.5-3” lift you can fit up to:
285/55/20 = 32.3x11.2”
285/60/19 = 32.5x11.2”
285/65/18 = 32.6x11.2”
285/70/17 = 32.7x11.2”
285/75/16 = 32.8x11.2”

Why the limited if you wanted the pro? Get the off-road with leather seats and add suspension and you’ve basically got your pro. Cheaper than a limited.
actually, not cheaper...the pro here is $46,000 whereas the limited is $41,000...plus i can get my uncle's toyota discount on the limited and not the pro...if i could get the discount on the pro, i would 100% go that route...

edited: i didn't read your post correctly...between the limited and the off road, i liked all of the features the limited had as opposed to the off road...you are correct, add the leather seats and some badging, and you'd have the pro...

actually, not cheaper...the pro here is $46,000 whereas the limited is $41,000...plus i can get my uncle's toyota discount on the limited and not the pro...if i could get the discount on the pro, i would 100% go that route...
Did you read what I said... if you wanted a pro get an off-road it has all the same features minus the suspension and leather seats, the new 2018 off-road has the option for leather seats. The off-road is cheaper than the limited. Add suspension to the off-road and you’ve basically got a pro for cheaper than a limited.

Did you read what I said... if you wanted a pro get an off-road it has all the same features minus the suspension and leather seats, the new 2018 off-road has the option for leather seats. The off-road is cheaper than the limited. Add suspension to the off-road and you’ve basically got a pro for cheaper than a limited.
yeah, sorry...i edited my post to let you know i read it incorrectly...thanks for the info..i think i'm going to go that route actually...

Hey fellas ! New to the forum I hope I’m posting this on the right thread or else I know you guys will probably rip me a new one , I have a 2017 Tacoma trd sport , I want to get wheels for it . I Don’t want to lift it . Here are the specs

• Size: 17x8.5
  • Offset: +0
  • Bolt Pattern: 6x139.7/6x5.5
  • Center bore: 106.1 (hub-centric for Toyota)
  • Heavy Duty Loading Rating: 2500 lbs
  • Backspacing: 4.75
  • Will these fit without a problem ?

Hey fellas ! New to the forum I hope I’m posting this on the right thread or else I know you guys will probably rip me a new one , I have a 2017 Tacoma trd sport , I want to get wheels for it . I Don’t want to lift it . Here are the specs

• Size: 17x8.5
  • Offset: +0
  • Bolt Pattern: 6x139.7/6x5.5
  • Center bore: 106.1 (hub-centric for Toyota)
  • Heavy Duty Loading Rating: 2500 lbs
  • Backspacing: 4.75
  • Will these fit without a problem ?
Should be fine. Are you putting 265/70/17 tires on them? Welcome to the forum.

Back