What have you done to your Tacoma today?

exhaust issue on the black taco last i heard... old stud broke in a weird way trying to get clutch and transmission out of there
2o11 single cab 4cyl with 85k and manual crank windows with a cruddy automatic transmission

I thot you got your Taco out of the shop somewhere in Iowa, or Indiana awhile back. WTF ? And what's wrong with BlackBeauty ? And what about this 2nd gen Taco in"barcalona red" ? Year ? Trim ? milage ?

Last edited:
exhaust issue on the black taco last i heard... old stud broke in a weird way trying to get clutch and transmission out of there
2o11 single cab 4cyl with 85k and manual crank windows and a cruddy automatic transmission

that's $300 or $400 out the door in 2024. You can afford that.

Took a drive down to Florence, TX. About 114 miles from me. Bought a used set of rims & Goodyear Wranglers to put on my truck. Wranglers had 4500 miles when pulled off his Tacoma. Fellow wanted some space cleared up so he gave me the shocks/springs off his 2019 TRD sport. Ended up giving him $675 cash for rims/tires. Took my wife & dog with me. Nice afternoon drive.
IMG_5388.jpeg

i like those steelies you had
are they the same as the Gen2 are equipped with?

Took a drive down to Florence, TX. About 114 miles from me. Bought a used set of rims & Goodyear Wranglers to put on my truck. Wranglers had 4500 miles when pulled off his Tacoma. Fellow wanted some space cleared up so he gave me the shocks/springs off his 2019 TRD sport. Ended up giving him $675 cash for rims/tires. Took my wife & dog with me. Nice afternoon drive.
View attachment 43269

I had the same tires on my gen1 tundra. They were a decent a/t tire imo. You search these tires on the tw forum, and they will tell you they are the worst tire ever made for the tacoma 3rd gen.

Once a year plan.
what if you only put on 1k or 2k in a year?
i did that for a few years last decade before i learned whut i learned
that is why this rig is below average on the miles and not pushin' near 500k onit already

what if you only put on 1k or 2k in a year?
i did that for a few years last decade before i learned whut i learned
that is why this rig is below average on the miles and not pushin' near 500k onit already
I did once a year on my tundra, and every toyota before that up to 15k miles, or more before I changed the oil. We have newer synthetics now even claiming 20k miles, or 1 year between oil changes. My past toyotas with regular tuneups, and maintenance per owners manual always ran great, some better than others. I chalk that up to manufacturing differences as just the norm, not every vehicle is made perfect, or exactly the same.
You can have an issue with any vehicle, but don't blame it on oil changes, unless someone screwed up doing it.

Last edited:
i don't believe 92 goes through Kearney
did U mean Broken Bow? in county 4 Custer
You are correct. Thought I had it from memory. It's hwy 10 from LC to Kearney. Hwy 92 is stuck in my head as I have two cousins that live and own their farms on hwy 92. in LC.

Back