What kind of gas should I use on my 2017 tacoma trd sport 4x4

Premium gas ain't gonna hurt anything, my owners manual for my 19 says 87 octane or better, meaning 87 octane minimum. I always run premium gas in my vehicles, the only thing I run 87 in is my lawn tractor.

"What kind of gas should I use on my 2017 tacoma trd sport 4x4".

Personally I would not use any grade of gasoline "on" my truck, the chance of fire goes up greatly, and just seems like a waste of money.
As for gas you use "in" it, if the manual says 87 or above, then use 87 or above. If a higher octane makes your heart feel warmer and fuzzier, use that. Its your own money that you're wasting, so won't bother anyone else.

I live in ID where 85 is regular and have been running it in my 19 Taco since last March without any issues. I have mixed a couple tanks here and there with 87 and to be honest I can’t really tell a difference other than a tad bit more power. Gas mileage has averaged around 18-19 mpg with both.

The dealership said it was fine to run 85 due to the elevation here but then you talk to someone else and they say to never run anything less than what the owners manual says. To each their own I guess but it’s all about the price for me. I can buy 85 for around $2.50 a gallon instead of $3.00 a gallon for 87. I have found a couple gas stations around town that has 87 for around $2.75 a gallon which isn’t bad.

I live in ID where 85 is regular and have been running it in my 19 Taco since last March without any issues. I have mixed a couple tanks here and there with 87 and to be honest I can’t really tell a difference other than a tad bit more power. Gas mileage has averaged around 18-19 mpg with both.

The dealership said it was fine to run 85 due to the elevation here but then you talk to someone else and they say to never run anything less than what the owners manual says. To each their own I guess but it’s all about the price for me. I can buy 85 for around $2.50 a gallon instead of $3.00 a gallon for 87. I have found a couple gas stations around town that has 87 for around $2.75 a gallon which isn’t bad.
E 85? Corn gas? Vegetarian Taco?

Back