Wheel spacers

No, just seeing that you question this guy about why he would use spacer, and you question another guy on why he would ant to lift a 2wd. Maybe because they both want to do those things to their trucks. People talking down to people because of the types of lifts they choose to the rim/tire setup they have put on their truck is an a$$hole move. Maybe you weren’t trying to sound rude asking both guys why they would want to do those things, but it sure seems like it. Sorry if I’ve misinterpreted, but it just seems rude to me. Profound or not think before you ask why when people are just asking for advice on what kind of item to get or showing their new stuff off because they’re excited about it. Just my opinion!

Show me where I am "talking down" to people. You took my opinion as being rude? Guess if someone's opinion is not the same as yours they are negative and rude. So now I have gone from negative and rude to being an a$$hole? You don't have better things to do than to call out people? You need to re-read my posts from a different perspective. Maybe not try and read between the lines and make something out of nothing. Have a beer and chill. (gonna change my name to negative nancy II)

Soon I’ll be able to take my wheel spacers out. But unfortunately, I need them to clear my uca’s at the moment.

There’s a difference between being a dick about things and being honest.
There’s nothing wrong with opinions and different areas of knowledge. That’s kind of the point of the forum, different people with different experiences.
Of course there’s no need to talk down to anyone but it’s a good thing to get opinions and knowledge from people.

Personally I'd rather have the correct wheel offset. You don't gain the failure point of the spacer. However, I ran 3/4" spacers on my setup to clear the shock reservoirs because I'm not buying wheels just for minor clearance. I wouldn't go wider than that.

I’ve used info from several people on here. I live on the east coast in a city that is at sea level. There is not a single place to 4 wheel anywhere. It’s all concrete. I had a turd gen with a spacer lift because all trucks do around here is drive on the streets. I’ve heard so many negative comments about spacers. Sure the full suspension lift would be nice, but for mall crawlers the spacers do just fine. I was in a local 4wd shop one day and a guy was asking one of the workers about new shocks. He said for around here Fox shocks are just a great way to blow your money and show people you’ve got money to throw away. I’ve gotten rid of the turd gen and picked up a 2nd gen in Nov. Since I don’t need 4wd (we have a 4wd Sequoia) I went with a pre-runner I found that was a good deal. I’m getting ready to put a 4” spindle lift with blocks in he rear. In order to clear the UCAs and use the stock rims until I can afford new rims with offsets I’ll be running spacers.

I’ve used info from several people on here. I live on the east coast in a city that is at sea level. There is not a single place to 4 wheel anywhere. It’s all concrete. I had a turd gen with a spacer lift because all trucks do around here is drive on the streets. I’ve heard so many negative comments about spacers. Sure the full suspension lift would be nice, but for mall crawlers the spacers do just fine. I was in a local 4wd shop one day and a guy was asking one of the workers about new shocks. He said for around here Fox shocks are just a great way to blow your money and show people you’ve got money to throw away. I’ve gotten rid of the turd gen and picked up a 2nd gen in Nov. Since I don’t need 4wd (we have a 4wd Sequoia) I went with a pre-runner I found that was a good deal. I’m getting ready to put a 4” spindle lift with blocks in he rear. In order to clear the UCAs and use the stock rims until I can afford new rims with offsets I’ll be running spacers.

It's your truck and your money.
Blocks help the rear suspension flatten out faster than normal, so along with not needing full suspension articulation off-road, I hope u don't need to haul much either.

I get what you’re saying.
If you’re going to run wheel spacers minimal width required. Maintain them please.
If you are going to run suspension spacers use the in coil ones not the above coil ones.
I’ll just leave this here.
Haha
This was from someone that was running above coil spacers until he wasn’t. Failure happens.
66CCA27D-237D-4E92-9C15-23524DFC7FF6.jpeg

If you’re going to run wheel spacers minimal width required. Maintain them please.
If you are going to run suspension spacers use the in coil ones not the above coil ones.
Haha
This was from someone that was running above coil spacers until he wasn’t. Failure happens.
View attachment 23705

Thanks! Yes I don’t have the spacers anymore. They were on the 17 I had. I will definitely maintain the wheel spacers. With there being nowhere to 4 wheel, my truck is a street princess that is garage kept and always clean. I envy all of you that have the trails and mountains to drive on.

Last edited:
Spacers.....So much hate. So little problem in reality.

I bought my truck with a spacer lift. I installed wheel spacers. Ran the spacer lift for 70k miles. Much off roading. No issues. The ONLY negative was, the shocks become the "bump stop" with spacer lifts. Don't be hucking sand dunes, and you'll be fine. I was held up on modding my truck for a while during cancer surgery and recovery. After that, full suspension lift. No more spacer lift. All good.

Wheel spacers are no more likely to cause problems than wheels with more + offset. They stayed on the truck (BORA 1") for nearly 120K. Never the first sign of an issue. The bearings and hubs are NOT engineered right on death's doorstep. They actually don't have any problem with a slightly wider wheel track width. When I bought new wheels, I got them with a decreased backset. Same resulting track width as with stock wheels and spacers. I'm at 172K miles, a TON of off road miles, and still original wheel bearings in like new condition.

Unless you are prone to having lug nuts loosen, you won't have wheel spacer nuts loosen either. Same principle...I do NOT use locktite. Never had a single nut back off. Would do wheel spacers again if needed.

And for the record, I had NO issues with scrub angle while spacers were on the truck. 1" spacers actually gave me slightly BETTER clearance. That's why they were put on the truck in the first place.

Spacers.....So much hate. So little problem in reality.

I bought my truck with a spacer lift. I installed wheel spacers. Ran the spacer lift for 70k miles. Much off roading. No issues. The ONLY negative was, the shocks become the "bump stop" with spacer lifts. Don't be hucking sand dunes, and you'll be fine. I was held up on modding my truck for a while during cancer surgery and recovery. After that, full suspension lift. No more spacer lift. All good.

Wheel spacers are no more likely to cause problems than wheels with more + offset. They stayed on the truck (BORA 1") for nearly 120K. Never the first sign of an issue. The bearings and hubs are NOT engineered right on death's doorstep. They actually don't have any problem with a slightly wider wheel track width. When I bought new wheels, I got them with a decreased backset. Same resulting track width as with stock wheels and spacers. I'm at 172K miles, a TON of off road miles, and still original wheel bearings in like new condition.

Unless you are prone to having lug nuts loosen, you won't have wheel spacer nuts loosen either. Same principle...I do NOT use locktite. Never had a single nut back off. Would do wheel spacers again if needed.

And for the record, I had NO issues with scrub angle while spacers were on the truck. 1" spacers actually gave me slightly BETTER clearance. That's why they were put on the truck in the first place.

Glad you had good luck and absolutely no issues. Guess those who didn't have the same luck were just unlucky. I ran a 2 1/2" leveling kit which was harsh just driving on bumpy roads not to mention off-road. Didn't take me long to realize they suck. Went with a complete lift kit including add a leaf. What a difference. Added an upper control arm for better alignment and again a big difference. Never tried wheel spacers as I went with wheels and tires that fit correctly. So not an expert on them but have heard of safety issues so no way would I take a chance. Maybe they have come a long way by now? Aftermarket parts seem to get better and better all the time. I have been going to SEMA shows for the past 10 years and there are some amazing parts in the aftermarket world. I don't think anyone here said DON'T run spacers but rather stating opinions from past experiences or what they have read. I unfortunately didn't listen to advice given regarding leveling kits with spacers so I lost some time and money when switching to a lift kit VS leveling kit. I am very surprised your wheel bearings are in like new condition after 172,000 miles of off-roading. I am guessing you do the maintenance to keep them like new where most of us wait until they start singing. These trucks are very durable with proper maintenance. But parts do wear and especially if you off-road a lot like you and I do. In my OPINION money well spent on proper lift kits and wheels VS spacers. Again I emphasize my OPINION.

Haha
View attachment 23705
I got bored and made one out of my old pic too... haha

Wheel spacers, why only have 24 lug nuts when you can have 48... [emoji38]20190129_093405.jpeg

Some people can break half a brick.....

Why use facts when you can employ your "opinion factor"....

Spacer lifts do NOT cause a rough ride. Shock is SAME as before...spring rate SAME. ONLY difference is shock travel runs out BEFORE suspension hits bump stop. ONLY difference.

I hate to mess up your "opinion" by throwing facts in the mix, but hey....Some of us know better than to pretend we know what we're talking about by using stock photos available to anyone via the internet and making up a bogus story to go with them.

Then again, I wasted my time getting 2 engineering degrees from 2 of the best engineering schools in the nation. I could have skipped that and just read hack rumors from the internet know-it-alls.....Never seems to be a shortage of them....

Last edited:
Some people can break half a brick....

Why use facts when you can employ the "opinion factor"....

Spacer lifts do NOT cause rough ride. Shock is SAME...spring rate SAME. ONLY difference is shock travel runs out BEFORE suspension hits bump stop. ONLY difference.

I hate to mess up your "opinion" by throwing facts in the mix, but hey....Some of us know better.

None of that is true actually...
Spacer lift ride sucks; personal experience in addition to collective opinions across many forums.
Shock diameter 2.5" - not same as stock
Spring rate 600lb, can opt for higher, still not stock rate, 540-550lb
Suspension lifts still need bump stop correction just as much spacer lifts...
There's more than 1 difference...
But I don't know any better...
G'day...

None of that is true actually...
Spacer lift ride sucks; personal experience in addition to collective opinions across many forums.
Shock diameter 2.5" - not same as stock
Spring rate 600lb, can opt for higher, still not stock rate, 540-550lb
Suspension lifts still need bump stop correction just as much spacer lifts...
There's more than 1 difference...
But I don't know any better...
G'day...

Mudding up the conversation by throwing in a few items that have NO bearing on the FACTS doesn't change the facts, just impresses you and your junior league fan club. If occasional mis-information you find on the internet somehow becomes "truth", well....then the earth is flat, moon made of green cheese, and Santa is real.

You are correct on one point though...You don't know any better....

"Personal experience"......Let's see....Double diplomate with engineering degrees from Purdue and Rose Hulman, several years as a suspension tech/designer for Honda, as well as 46 years of building/owning/racing 4wds (and dirt bikes) of my own....I have more than enough FACT BASED experience to know BS when I read it.

Last edited:
Reactions: SRH
Mudding up the conversation by throwing in a few items that have NO bearing on the FACTS doesn't change the facts, just impresses you and your junior league fan club. If occasional mis-information you find on the internet somehow becomes "truth", well....then the earth is flat, moon made of green cheese, and Santa is real.

You are correct on one point though...You don't know any better....
I would find a new "facts" source if I were you...

Have a lovely day...

Heading out to mix the Koolaid for my fan club...

I would find a new "facts" source if I were you...

Have a lovely day...

Heading out to mix the Koolaid for my fan club...

New Fact source is obviously NOT any forum where you're posting your nonsense. Making up **** as you go along is not a fact. It's not even a valid opinion....BS is BS...

New Fact source is obviously NOT any forum where you're posting your nonsense. Making up **** as you go along is not a fact. It's not even a valid opinion....BS is BS...
What is BS about anything I said??? Prove me wrong!
Why do you have a hard on for me this morning???

Who the **** let in the chihuahuas???

Back