Wheel spacers

Discussion in '2005 - 2015 Toyota Tacoma' started by mtl_76, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

You're right, it was all BS, I actually have 650lb springs... 20190129_112834.jpeg

B-Man likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Bojangles

Bojangles Well-Known Member

Oh the interwebs.......

Not saying ur full of ****, but ur argument works against itself

B-Man likes this.
  4. Crawdad

And still don't know jack sh!t about bolt on Tacoma suspension...

B-Man likes this.
  5. Crawdad

Yet you still don't know how wheel offset works... SMH...

B-Man likes this.
  6. Crawdad

Thanks for the distractions and helping me procrastinate reading my chapter @bluegrasstaco, but I really must be going now.

G'day to all!

B-Man likes this.
  7. TacoKen

TacoKen Well-Known Member

I don't think you are being open minded especially when several people are trying to explain. But one thing you do know, BS is BS. In your case, that's correct. Now, actual experience is not BS so take the challenge. Learn to read. Not the fake news but real s***. I also must be leaving now. Chow all........

B-Man likes this.
  8. Tacomania

Tacomania Well-Known Member

I have the spacers, and a -25 offset with a 3.5 BS. Didnt get it for looks, but for stance. That picture below, i wouldnt have been able to ride it like that without having enough stance, if i didnt i would have been driving on my side with the whole weight of the truck on it. Now, depending how you drive your truck, i am pretty sure you can Just break about anything on it. Did i want to get spacers? No. but i wanted to be able drive over obstacles without dealing with center of gravity issues and put more stress on one side.

Yes i have rubbing issues because of it plus the amount of weight i have upfront which i am gng to fix stay tuned

When you go LT, it is a must to have spacers, and these people jump their trucks and drive at high speeds, so yea, they will end up breaking sh..it... IMG_20190107_134032_028.jpeg

Toki likes this.
  9. OP
    mtl_76

mtl_76 Well-Known Member

Wow dude this was a serious topic , thank you for looking at y trunk and all opinions! I only use for city ride and it sure looks good when I drive. I actually have people hooking or even giving thumbs up for the look of my trunk ! Anyways Tacoma Rules ! Thx enjoy your trunk everyone !

10. OP
    mtl_76

mtl_76 Well-Known Member

OR17TRD likes this.
  11. TacoKen

Nice pic of your taco in the snow. :)

B-Man and mtl_76 like this.
  12. OP
    mtl_76

mtl_76 Well-Known Member

Thank you ! I truly enjoy drive it in winter ! I still have some detail to add on next one is wrapping the front grill all black and tint the driver n passenger at 30% fix the rear bumper lol it’s like it never stop!

13. serobyan.a

serobyan.a New Member

Like what cause issues? Just curious.

14. TacoKen

By increasing the offset of the wheel, you place more stress on the axle’s studs, and in a front axle application on the unit bearings (or spindles) and ball joints of the axle. You also increase the tire scrub radius, changing the way the vehicle handles and increasing the difficulty of slow-speed turning. Also, by adding wheel spacers you are adding more components, and the more components, the more potential for failure. Make sure to properly tighten and torque all of the spacers’ bolts and nuts. Yes, it's the least expensive way to get the look you want. Kind of like using a leveling kit with spacers VS correct lift kit with coilovers. My son has had several lifted trucks with wheel spacers. Bearings were the first thing to go. But the trucks looked very cool. Just my opinion and not being negative as someone said who doesn't even no me.

B-Man likes this.