Wheel spacers

If occasional mis-information you find on the internet somehow becomes "truth", well....then the earth is flat, moon made of green cheese, and Santa is real.

"Personal experience"......Let's see....Double diplomate with engineering degrees from Purdue and Rose Hulman, several years as a suspension tech/designer for Honda, as well as 46 years of building/owning/racing 4wds (and dirt bikes) of my own....I have more than enough FACT BASED experience to know BS when I read it.

Oh the interwebs.......

Not saying ur full of ****, but ur argument works against itself

"Personal experience"......Let's see....Double diplomate with engineering degrees from Purdue and Rose Hulman, several years as a suspension tech/designer for Honda, as well as 46 years of building/owning/racing 4wds (and dirt bikes) of my own....I have more than enough FACT BASED experience to know BS when I read it.

And still don't know jack sh!t about bolt on Tacoma suspension... [emoji20]

Wheel spacers are no more likely to cause problems than wheels with more + offset.

Then again, I wasted my time getting 2 engineering degrees from 2 of the best engineering schools in the nation. I could have skipped that and just read hack rumors from the internet know-it-alls.....Never seems to be a shortage of them....

Yet you still don't know how wheel offset works... SMH... [emoji17]

Thanks for the distractions and helping me procrastinate reading my chapter @bluegrasstaco, but I really must be going now.

G'day to all!

New Fact source is obviously NOT any forum where you're posting your nonsense. Making up **** as you go along is not a fact. It's not even a valid opinion....BS is BS...

I don't think you are being open minded especially when several people are trying to explain. But one thing you do know, BS is BS. In your case, that's correct. Now, actual experience is not BS so take the challenge. Learn to read. Not the fake news but real s***. I also must be leaving now. Chow all........

I have the spacers, and a -25 offset with a 3.5 BS. Didnt get it for looks, but for stance. That picture below, i wouldnt have been able to ride it like that without having enough stance, if i didnt i would have been driving on my side with the whole weight of the truck on it. Now, depending how you drive your truck, i am pretty sure you can Just break about anything on it. Did i want to get spacers? No. but i wanted to be able drive over obstacles without dealing with center of gravity issues and put more stress on one side.

Yes i have rubbing issues because of it plus the amount of weight i have upfront which i am gng to fix[emoji51] stay tuned[emoji6]

When you go LT, it is a must to have spacers, and these people jump their trucks and drive at high speeds, so yea, they will end up breaking sh..it...IMG_20190107_134032_028.jpeg

Wow dude this was a serious topic , thank you for looking at y trunk and all opinions! I only use for city ride and it sure looks good when I drive. I actually have people hooking or even giving thumbs up for the look of my trunk ! Anyways Tacoma Rules ! Thx enjoy your trunk everyone !

Nice pic of your taco in the snow. :)

Thank you ! I truly enjoy drive it in winter ! I still have some detail to add on next one is wrapping the front grill all black and tint the driver n passenger at 30% fix the rear bumper lol it’s like it never stop!

Like what cause issues? Just curious.

By increasing the offset of the wheel, you place more stress on the axle’s studs, and in a front axle application on the unit bearings (or spindles) and ball joints of the axle. You also increase the tire scrub radius, changing the way the vehicle handles and increasing the difficulty of slow-speed turning. Also, by adding wheel spacers you are adding more components, and the more components, the more potential for failure. Make sure to properly tighten and torque all of the spacers’ bolts and nuts. Yes, it's the least expensive way to get the look you want. Kind of like using a leveling kit with spacers VS correct lift kit with coilovers. My son has had several lifted trucks with wheel spacers. Bearings were the first thing to go. But the trucks looked very cool. Just my opinion and not being negative as someone said who doesn't even no me.

Back