Which tonneau cover did you buy?

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by Conceals, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Conceals

Conceals Active Member

Hi,

I have a '17 Tacoma and wanted to know which tonneau cover did you buy? I didn't want to pay an arm and leg for the OEM and wanted to know if there were alternatives available for the long bed 73" Tacoma's. Please provide links or any details as for brand name or manufacturer. Thank you! IMG_4250.jpg

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Bojangles

Bojangles Well-Known Member

06 here but happy with extang solid fold 2.0
    Im sure they have em for 3rd gens.
    Make sure you get a newer lot number, they had some updates.

17011 or newer is the key

4. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

I have a 2017 TRD OR DC Long bed and have the bakflip MX4 and love it.

5. OR17TRD

6. Have the Extang with the snap on buttons, was cheap and very reliable and waterproof

7. Ben Sharer

Ben Sharer New Member

I put the Bak revolver on mine. It's awesome. I can use the whole bed and can still see out the back window when it is fully open. The best part is that it's totally secure and you can close the tailgate when it's fully closed. Not many covers let you operate the tailgate without lifting the cover. I will admit, however, that pulling that tiny key out of the fob to lock and unlock the tailgate is a pain in the a$$. A tailgate that locks electronically with the fob is an upgrade that I would absolutely invest in if it were an option at the dealership.
    I hate to say it, but a good tonneau cover is that accessory that is worth waiting one more paycheck to buy and invest in. Having something secure and durable is worth the price of admission in my book.

elandan likes this.
  8. Bojangles

Bojangles Well-Known Member

Popnlock has electric

Ben Sharer likes this.
  9. Rocket tech

Rocket tech Well-Known Member

Access Vanish. I have a 2016 TRD Sport same color as yours. Made in North Dakota too. Looks like you're in Minnesota like me. (Walser)

Conceals likes this.
  10. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

I'm a fan of the bakflip mx4 like OR17TRD has.
    Mine came with the factory Tacoma cover, it's nice enough but I'd have never paid for it if it wasn't already on the truck I bought.

OR17TRD and Conceals like this.
  11. asetech

asetech New Member

I installed the pop n lock and it works great !!
    Have never pulled out my key

12. efinkens1

efinkens1 Active Member

Weather tech roll up. Pissed that it takes up the utility rails. I only use it during the winter months

13. Mike991GTS

Mike991GTS Well-Known Member

Backflip- works great- but you have to lift it up to close the tailgate!! Finish and mechanical workings are excellent!!!

14. OR17TRD

Not with the MX4 they fixed that so you can close the tailgate without having to lift it up. That's one reason why I got the MX4 and not the G2.

http://www.bakfliptonneaucover.com/bakflip_mx41

15. Roger Bradford

Roger Bradford New Member

Just got 17 tacoma trd off road short bed ordered G4 Elite Fold A Cover really like the seperate locks with out opening tailgate

Bogunn likes this.
  16. OR17TRD

Congrats on the new taco. Welcome to the forum.

17. Roger Bradford

Roger Bradford New Member

Thanks glad to know there a lot of people I can ask for help if needed.

18. toywoodsguy82

toywoodsguy82 Well-Known Member

My 07 OR (I’m second owner) came with a leer 700 and they made the locks power locks that work with my keyless entry...

Bogunn likes this.
  19. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

That’s pretty awesome.

20. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. I have the factory Toyota cover. I’d love to have the separate locking option.

21. ChuckR

ChuckR Active Member

I have the Undercover Flex on my 2015, and like it a lot. Along with the Pop n Lock tailgate handle, I feel my stuff is as secure as it is going to get.