Which tonneau cover did you buy?

Been looking at the MX4 for my 2017 Tacoma TRD OF... does anyone know of any other options for a The BakBox? I see it’s not available for the Tacoma just the Tundra... would love to have that option for the Tacoma.

I have a Tonno Pro Trifold on my Tundra. It's 6+ years old and still looks good and is still tight. I will be buying the same thing when I get my Tacoma.

So I bought an Undercover Flex because I wanted something in a hard top that was more secure then a canvas top I had originally. The problem is it's had to find a tonneau cover that's pretty much flush with the top of the bed and still allows you to use the bed rail cleats. Well the Undercover uses the bed rail but I saw a way to mod them to make the rails usable. I order three new rails from Toyota which was about $30 a piece and installed them on top of the undercover side rails and the header went on the end of the cover. Anyways here's a couple of pics 20171106_133330.jpg 20171106_133259.jpg

So I bought an Undercover Flex because I wanted something in a hard top that was more secure then a canvas top I had originally. The problem is it's had to find a tonneau cover that's pretty much flush with the top of the bed and still allows you to use the bed rail cleats. Well the Undercover uses the bed rail but I saw a way to mod them to make the rails usable. I order three new rails from Toyota which was about $30 a piece and installed them on top of the undercover side rails and the header went on the end of the cover. Anyways here's a couple of pics View attachment 13594 View attachment 13595

Thanks for posting. That is what I would like to do. Can you elaborate on adding the new rails plesse.

The tonneau cover attaches to the rails so when you have is attached you can't use the rail cleats. So I had the idea of ordering a new set of side rails and a new end rail that goes on the cab end of the bad. I then went to the hardware store and bought to longer bolts and installed them on the inside of the tonneau cover mounts so I could use the cleats when the tonneau top is open.

I believe I had to install 1/4 inch spacers between the tonneau mount and the new rails and also had to cut down the head rail since it was a little to long. I would take more pics but a little to cold right now. But will when it warms up a bit.

That is great. I have the uc flex as well and i like it except for losing the rail system. I will be doing this right away.

I just ordered the tonneau pro. It's an inexpensive soft flip. I had one on my tundra for 4.5 years that I bought for a cheap cover until I decided on what I wanted, I ended up liking it so much I just stuck with it. The best thing with the tonneau pro is you can remove it in about 2 minutes by yourself if you ever need to. Cost is under 300 at auto anything.

Back