Who is towing a travel trailer?

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by bumpedmyhead, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Lil G

Lil G Well-Known Member

Nice bumped I like that. How much? I’m in Arkansas I was comparing prices. Also Craigslist here has abunch on there

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    bumpedmyhead

bumpedmyhead Well-Known Member

Seem to be running around 13-15k.

4. Lil G

Lil G Well-Known Member

Ok I will look and see here

bumpedmyhead likes this.
  5. AZ Pete

AZ Pete Well-Known Member

never be afraid to low ball a travel trailer salesman. The mark up is extreme, if you look at msrp.

Bogunn and B-Man like this.
  6. OP
    bumpedmyhead

Yah, I see that. Sale prices are 1/3 off! Really good mark up!

7. 2018TuRD

2018TuRD Well-Known Member

Is 18 foot

8. 2018TuRD

2018TuRD Well-Known Member

I came from a big trailer and a diesel truck...never thought I would enjoy a smaller hybrid camper. However.... In the smaller trailer...beds eat up alot of space. My little trailer had 2 queen beds....and the dinette folds into a full if needed. Me...the wife...my 5 year old...and a 135 lb great dane got plenty of space! Set up is equally as quick as my 32 footer with the slide!! Tows like a dream behind the little taco with a andersen weight set up and a curt brake controller

Crawdad and bumpedmyhead like this.
  9. It’s a Jayco X23b. We like it a lot. Slide out makes a world of difference on inside space.

bumpedmyhead likes this.
  10. Lil G

Lil G Well-Known Member

Bumped you can look on rvshare.com and rent one like your thinking of buying. Then you will know how it pulls and how it sleeps. Just a idea

bumpedmyhead and B-Man like this.
  11. OP
    bumpedmyhead

12. bombo144

bombo144 New Member

181 FSB Palomini,21 ft., factory lift, off road tires. Dry wt 3100, vertical queen bed, curved front cuts thru air nice, pulled with 2012 DCSB TRD sport, equalizer hitch, no sway. Rear down 1 1/2 in, have to do something about that. IMG_0264.jpg

bumpedmyhead and Lil G like this.
  13. Lil G

Lil G Well-Known Member

Nice set up. You think air bags will fix the drop? Not sure if that’s even a option just thinking out loud

bumpedmyhead likes this.
  14. Lil G

Lil G Well-Known Member

I saw that yesterday seemed to be a good idea to kinda test drive a camper lol. I didn’t even know you could do it.

15. WaywardWayfarer

WaywardWayfarer New Member

I’m hauling a 2017 22BUD Launch Starcraft with weight distribution and sway control. Picked up the whole package for under $17k in Paragould, Ar. I already had air bags and it pulls just great.

B-Man and Lil G like this.
  16. Lil G

Lil G Well-Known Member

Do you live in Arkansas?

17. WaywardWayfarer

WaywardWayfarer New Member

Yes, Northeast just outside Jonesboro.

18. Rocketcity

Rocketcity New Member

I pull a Flagstaff Micro Lite, 4200# dry, 21'. Truck pulls it but in the mountains of Tennessee you hear it, that's about normal i think.

19. Lil G

Lil G Well-Known Member

I live in Heber Springs. Nice to have a fellow Arkansan on here.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    B-Man likes this.
  20. Marco 2019 Taco

Marco 2019 Taco New Member

Came out of a F250 Super Duty. Needed smaller truck for a variety of reasons. Picked the Taco. Tow rating just about maxed with my 25' Rockwood Mini Lite trailer.
    Keeping my fingers crossed that it wont be a bad decision. Question for the group - anyone try the Curt Manufacturing Wireless Break controller? I really dont want to add a bulky unit under the dash, knee room is tight enough.
    IMG_5682 (2).jpg

21. Marco 2019 Taco

Marco 2019 Taco New Member

What break controller are you using? How is it mounted?