wiper blades

I put fresh new rubber inserts into OEM blades
Those RainX silicone blades did not do it proper with squeaking skipping and chatter
Now there needs to be some rain to get them used out lol

After trying several different wiper blades on my past trucks, I keep going back to the trico blades.

I have been using Rain X premium beam blades for quite some time, and used their windshield treatments since the 80s. Sure, they are expensive, at $80 a pair, but I haven't had to replace them and still going strong after nearly 4 years, no tears, no streaks, still soft, and still give as new performance. We do have freezing temps in the winter (I do not use the wipers to clear frost or ice from the windshield), the Supra in the garage while the BMW is outside, we do get a good bit of rain and a lot of sunshine with mid-high-90s temps. To be fair, the lower priced, older technology Rain X wipers were not any better than other name brand wipers, but these new silicone beam blades are amazing and well worth the price of admission.

That reminds me... I need to get a set for the Taco.

I have been using Rain X premium beam blades for quite some time, and used their windshield treatments since the 80s. Sure, they are expensive, at $80 a pair, but I haven't had to replace them and still going strong after nearly 4 years, no tears, no streaks, still soft, and still give as new performance. We do have freezing temps in the winter (I do not use the wipers to clear frost or ice from the windshield), the Supra in the garage while the BMW is outside, we do get a good bit of rain and a lot of sunshine with mid-high-90s temps. To be fair, the lower priced, older technology Rain X wipers were not any better than other name brand wipers, but these new silicone beam blades are amazing and well worth the price of admission.

That reminds me... I need to get a set for the Taco.

I tried those silicone when i was in south Florida in early May, those that cost so much, special online ordered one morning at AAP in Florida City

they FAILED so bad on my rig

it did not matter if heavy rain or misty mist

squeak squeak squeak

chatter skip chatter skip chatter
by the time I got to the rain in New Hampshire i was so TICKED off at the constant squeaking

they were these...

1688302342940.png

thankfully AAP gave me most of $$$ back coz i took 'em back when i got back home within 30 days with unsatisfactory experience

Are those the rubber insert refills trico?

No, the ones I used were these slide on's from rock auto. They slide right onto the metal wiper arms.
I once tried these expensive silicon blades and they never worked well leaving a lot of streaking. Said never again. I think I tried nearly every wiper blade manufacture out there over the years. For the money trico has worked well for me.

OEM for gen2 is 20$ after 32 off

1688304868128.png

748c for the insert if still can get it, it says available

OEM for gen2 is 20$ after 32 off

View attachment 38541

748c for the insert if still can get it, it says available

They look the same as the trico's except cost a lot more.

Those look nothing like the trico blades I buy. I never paid more than $10 a set when I had the tundra.

where'd you get them from?

no way you can get a pair of blades with the rubber already for 10$ for both

I tried those silicone when i was in south Florida in early May, those that cost so much, special online ordered one morning at AAP in Florida City

they FAILED so bad on my rig

it did not matter if heavy rain or misty mist

squeak squeak squeak

chatter skip chatter skip chatter
by the time I got to the rain in New Hampshire i was so TICKED off at the constant squeaking

they were these...

View attachment 38540

thankfully AAP gave me most of $$$ back coz i took 'em back when i got back home within 30 days with unsatisfactory experience
Did you take the yellow cover off?!? My son put some on his car and he said they did the same thing. He still had the covers on. I have used these on everything from my Supras to Camrys to BMWs, to my departed Ford Transit 350. Then again, I also use the Rain X 2-in-1 glass cleaner.

Did you take the yellow cover off?!? My son put some on his car and he said they did the same thing. He still had the covers on. I have used these on everything from my Supras to Camrys to BMWs, to my departed Ford Transit 350. Then again, I also use the Rain X 2-in-1 glass cleaner.
Yes!

i think either they are NOT formulated for the countours of the Gen1 windshield curvature OR my glass is so finely pitted after 200k miles since the windshield was replaced with aftermarket glass
but IDK lol

the edge did NOT touch the glass, it was suspended in the air on passenger side
but it was the driver side that skipped and chattered all over the place on that trip

the RainX wipers were probably EXTREMELY top-heavy in the center connecter, just a big FATTY sitting there obtruse on the glass

I still rib my son to this day about that. To be honest, I nearly forgot to remove the covers after I installed them the first time. Yes, those blades are heavy, and they should conform to the windshield. Now, I have heard many people with older models that these wipers do not work well... But, I have had success with them on 80s and 90s Supras, 60s and 70s Triumph sportscars (TR7s and Spitfires), among others. Maybe they'll work on my Taco.

where'd you get them from?

no way you can get a pair of blades with the rubber already for 10$ for both
Last ones I bought were from rock auto just before covid. They had a sale on all common maintenance items like oil, air, cabin filters, wiper blades...stuff like that. I would check with them first.

Last edited:
Back