Won't Run

It always helps when diagnosing a vehicle for someone to have the most info you can get, hands on diagnosis is ALWAYS easier than trying to guess your noises ,squeaks, hiccups... Have patience!! Good luck

So... you don’t get the exact answer you’re looking for so you get mad?
If you know that it will only run when you feed it fuel you’re already narrowed down to the issue.
You said the fuel pump sounds as if it is kicking on. Did you check your fuel lines to see if it was feeding? Filter? Throttle position sensor? How long has the truck been sitting? Is it a daily driver?
There’s just a few issues that could cause the truck not to be getting fuel to the motor..... you’ve narrowed it down.
We’ve tried to help you with the information that you provided, which was not much. You pretty well just told us that a garage screwed up your truck after they worked on the AC and the garage is no longer in business.
Here’s the main questions then...
Was the truck running fine when you left the shop?
If not did the garage go out of business the day you picked your truck up?
If it was the garage that screwed your truck up how did you not notice the issues when you picked it up and paid them for the work since this is a deadline issue that keeps your truck from running?
If this truck has been sitting a while then it could be something as simple as a seized up fuel pump. Gas will varnish over a pump and gum up the lines if it sits stagnant for a period of time.
You portrayed this issue as if it was the garage that screwed your truck up. If that is the case then the garage is obligated to repair what they broke for litigious reasons I would think. It wouldn’t be hard to prove in civil court that you drove a vehicle to a shop for AC repair and it wouldn’t run after they had it. It would seem stupid that an auto repair garage would “fix” a vehicle and it leaves the shop not running.
So after all this it seems that either:
A. The garage didn’t screw up your truck and you’re placing blame where it isn’t due.
B. You paid someone money that deadlined your truck and waited long enough to complain about it that the garage has went out of business. Which is crazy.
You’re expecting someone to diagnose your truck via the Internet. We will help all we can. But we can only answer with the information provided. Don’t get all bent out of shape because we recommend you getting the people that supposedly jacked up your truck to fix it. That’s the logical thing to do.
But that’s fine, there’s plenty of other forums out there. Go post the exact same first post on Tacoma World and see what answers you get. I guarantee that they won’t be near as friendly about it.

Agreed.

Thank you for your intelligent response. This is information I can use. It pissed me off that it was assumed I hadn't thought to take it back to the garage. Really? I listed the things I saw and heard. That's all I got. At least you made an attempt and for that I'm grateful.

Thank you for your intelligent response. This is information I can use. It pissed me off that it was assumed I hadn't thought to take it back to the garage. Really? I listed the things I saw and heard. That's all I got. At least you made an attempt and for that I'm grateful.

Those are the basics. Always start with the most simple solution first.

Don't know when I've been on a more worthless forum. Ya'll don't read or if you do ya dont comprehend. Gonna go find somewhere else to find information. Ya'll can "help" someone else.
Thought you were going somewhere else because we were worthless?

Back