2014 Tacoma

Nathan

Admin
Staff member
Any news on the 2014 Toyota Tacoma yet? I'm hoping the redesign will hit by 2014 but I'm hearing it may be 2015. If you have any info post it here.

I just bought a 2013. I'm really hoping they don't redesign it next year. That would suck.
Don't worry, I think 2015 is going to be the actual redesign. I was just hoping ;)

Anyone worried that they may drop the model? I know Ford dropped the Ranger.
I'm not. Ford had a unique problem in that their F150 trucks are so popular in the US and they didn't want to screw with that. The company is moving all their cars to "world platforms" meaning one model serves the entire world vs having one version of the ranger in the US and another one over seas (which is how it used to be). The problem is that the world ranger lined up to close with the F150 in size and cost so it didn't make sense for them to release it here.

The Tacoma sells pretty well and is the best selling truck in its class so I don't think they will stop production anytime soon.

I'm not. Ford had a unique problem in that their F150 trucks are so popular in the US and they didn't want to screw with that. The company is moving all their cars to "world platforms" meaning one model serves the entire world vs having one version of the ranger in the US and another one over seas (which is how it used to be). The problem is that the world ranger lined up to close with the F150 in size and cost so it didn't make sense for them to release it here.

The Tacoma sells pretty well and is the best selling truck in its class so I don't think they will stop production anytime soon.

Toyota has the Hilux overseas to compete with the Ranger. Toyota doesn't really have any competition for the Tacoma here in North America.

2014 will look just like the 2013...maybe they'll change the exhaust hanger so they can charge more again and add another loud ass smog pump....

I expect a redesign in like 15 or 16. Engines will be a gas 4 banger and angas V6 both with direct injection. No V8 because it isn't needed and it wont help a small truck and no diesel because it would drive the cost up over 40.

GM will come with one or two diesel engines next year. The pictures of the truck I saw looked good and will compete with Toyota for sure.

The 2014 Tacoma will have 300,000,000 horse power and have the optional unicorn blood injection to make it have unlimited torque

The 2014 will have a secret option to upgrade at the push of a button to a amphibious submersible. Also for a minor increase in price, and for the more adventurous person, it will have flight capabilities for space flights to the moon or mars for that once in a lifetime 4 wheelin experience! Sorry still no diesel offered, but really cool rocket engines will be an option. :whistling2:

The 2014 will have a secret option to upgrade at the push of a button to a amphibious submersible. Also for a minor increase in price, and for the more adventurous person, it will have flight capabilities for space flights to the moon or mars for that once in a lifetime 4 wheelin experience! Sorry still no diesel offered, but really cool rocket engines will be an option. :whistling2:

Here we go again...... :/
Still a diesel option would be awesome!

I just purchased a 2013. I'm hoping they don't come out with a new model right away for selfish reasons I guess. Then again, I like having a model where all the "kinks" are worked out.

I just purchased a 2013. I'm hoping they don't come out with a new model right away for selfish reasons I guess. Then again, I like having a model where all the "kinks" are worked out.

Don't sweat it man, Toyota typically waits 10 years before it redesigns the tacoma.

Hello I'm new here and I have a 2005 reg cab prerunner with a zone 6 inch lift and 20s with 35s 2.7 4 cyl and a 5 speed what gears do Yall suggest

Back