2016 Engine Noise - Normal or Nightmare ?

They do have a ticking. I have a 17 TRD Sport long bed. I haven’t noticed it to be an issue. Attributed it to the Atkinson.
The problem is that when 1st purchased there was no sound, I've gone in and drove a 2016 and 2017 no noise after they told me it was normal. They said "oh it's the new Atkinson" then when I told them to listen to their own new truck and they didn't hear the ticking. That's when they opened a case for my truck and now are replacing the vacume pump. It has 30k on it.

The problem is that when 1st purchased there was no sound, I've gone in and drove a 2016 and 2017 no noise after they told me it was normal. They said "oh it's the new Atkinson" then when I told them to listen to their own new truck and they didn't hear the ticking. That's when they opened a case for my truck and now are replacing the vacume pump. It has 30k on it.

Well I’m glad they’re squaring it away for you.

It’s hard for them to deny it when it’s right in front of them. Good call on making them look at their own trucks.

I just picked up a 2016 DC OR with 25K on it. I'm coming from an F150 5L FX4. The Tacoma's engine noise was concerning. I'm glad in "normal." Thank you, "Taco Cruiser" for the insight.

I've got a 2017 off road and it purrs like a kitten. Ive got 0 noise. You cant even hear the injectors. I guess I'm fortunate of having 0 issues but ive only had my truck for 8 months.

Give it time haha
That's why I leased mine. Only a slave to toyota for 3 years and not 6 [emoji38] I do really hope it doesn't have problems cause I really like my truck, I'll be so pissed if it becomes dookie. I'm wondering if the saying of never buy a car assembled on a Monday or Friday is true and everyone that has been having problems bought their vehicles on those days. Lol!

I just picked up a 2016 DC OR with 25K on it. I'm coming from an F150 5L FX4. The Tacoma's engine noise was concerning. I'm glad in "normal." Thank you, "Taco Cruiser" for the insight.
Congrats on the new Tacoma. Pictures please :)
Welcome to the forum.

2019, 2.7 4 cylinder. Random, very random cold start noise. Been through most all the obvious things. Any thoughts?

What ever it is it doesn't sound good. I have never owned a 2.7, only other 22re toyota trucks , but never heard that.

Back