a new chapter begins... the road to 400k

KY Jelly is a good lubricant for sliding rubber parts into holes.

Its water based so it won't damage plastic or rubber. You might be able to find a tube in the nightstand drawer.

jelly could PLUG up the washer fluid channels, no? :confused:

somewhere i read that isopropyl is good to use to wett for sliding rubber coolant hose onto plastic radiator inlet/outlet
this seem to me a similar scenario

You have never used KY??? :D

Only need to apply a film.......you're not greasing a ball bearing.

so put it on the BBQ grille for a quik bit?

boiling water??

perhaps under the pit on a hot sweltering day, which yesterday was not!
Hot water will work if at least 150 degrees. I don't like using grease, or chemicals. It can have long term negative effects on some rubber materials.

You won't find KY Jelly in the automotive department. Try looking near the pharmacy in the section with condoms.

I s'pose that is one way to repair the clutch.

either that or another random picture. I-da-no

Poor guy in south Dakota has a real bad oil leak now on the rebuilt engine
Monkey shop did not bother to take tranny out before putting engine back in
I bet the rear main seal got buggard up a bit

i suppose another successful wheel was had
BUT started to get a damned shimmy knock in the steering at 75mph on 80 just west of route 71 in Iowa on a very broken patch of road... they are toiling at resurfacing long long stretches in that area at LONG LAST... but its still an unsmooth helluvamess
but still the shimmy... feels damned near like the shimmy 100k miles ago when the front wheel bearing started getting roached after 5k miles of replacement
is this replacement bearing getting roached again already at just 100k miles :oops:

but a win was had when scored 14$ off a fresh tank of tacoJuice
30c difference than the prevailing shell that is only a short distance away + 50c BP promo

Poor guy in south Dakota has a real bad oil leak now on the rebuilt engine
Monkey shop did not bother to take tranny out before putting engine back in
I bet the rear main seal got buggard up a bit
Pretty doubtful when the flywheel is protecting it. At any rate, some engines even have a plate that the rear seal sits under.

have to truck it to the walMart in Nebraska City to pick up some oil for the needed 6k change of that Castrol Full Synthetic used last
all local walMarts noted to be out-of-stock on this trusted brand
6qts NO 5qts
(4$ per quart)
less plastic so I am doing my part :cool:

1692190774684.png

1692191203707.png

Last edited:
Back