a new chapter begins... the road to 400k

this fella feels just like i do ALL the time lately

The guy at the shop doing the alignment was telling me on both my trips there that the suspension was causing the worn LBJ, without telling me what that means. I told him I tested the shocks by pushing at each corner to test for bounce, and he just shook his head and told the suspension is bad. What does that mean? None of these guys want to explain anything or tell me specifically what needs replacing, or they deny there's any problem. Like it's up to me to either have to know enough to tell them exactly what to replace, at my own risk, or they won't do it. Every little problem like this snowballs into a frustrating mess where I spend days trying to research it online because the mechanics can't solve anything. What happened to diagnosing? In my memory I've never had a shop correctly diagnose and fix a problem without being dead wrong or doing the job badly. I've never been able to just take it to a shop and have the issue solved.

No, just customers that could drive you to pick up a cold one sometimes. I've run into those so called tech's also, that if the issue isn't listed in their data base, they're stumped what the problem cold be. Sometimes it's good to have an old timer working for you.

You're the guy with the visual on this hose....if it's hard and cracked, you'll need to replace it. It could be as simple as those clamps are no longer holding well enough. At one time you were able to run to the auto parts store, and cut a length of coolant hose to match. You might find better success/cheaper on eBay with the part number, or hose i.d. if needed.

You're the guy with the visual on this hose....if it's hard and cracked, you'll need to replace it. It could be as simple as those clamps are no longer holding well enough. At one time you were able to run to the auto parts store, and cut a length of coolant hose to match. You might find better success/cheaper on eBay with the part number, or hose i.d. if needed.
That hose might have a shield on it!
Might be caked under with dried coolant like the two fatty hoses were found and weeping
The one clamp has been touched twice in 26yrs with water pump timing belt replacement

Looks like the threat of rain is passing
Need to somehow wiggle the washer jar shield free whilst the jar itself is wiggly
It's not at all secure with the four bolts off :confused:

This maybe an elbow weep on the housing
It put up a struggle, plastic adhere to plastic over a quarter century

Appears either a bad clamp, a bad hose from the pump, or that white connector it goes into. Shouldn't be rocket science to figure it out.

Appears either a bad clamp, a bad hose from the pump, or that white connector it goes into. Shouldn't be rocket science to figure it out.
Gotta follow the drip
I pinched the white splice and the drip moved back to the elbow

Back