a new chapter begins... the road to 400k

So the yota dealer in Auburn Maine area only found one nail that needed plugged
The other tack I saw musta been small and fell out by itself

Stopping at dunkinD for a refresher
The dunkinD app says I am 1394 miles away from my favourite DunkinDs back home o_O

God bless the USA

Also had them do a conventional oil filter change since it's been 6700 miles since I had it changed in Chicago 3 weeks ago LMAO

So with that and the plug it was 85$
Holy crap thats cheap, dealer near me wants $160 for just an oil change in my tacoma, they even sent me a $5 coupon off for one, but thats now expired.

They said I am good 2 go and get back on that road
Truck needs a wash still it has that Florida swamp mud plastered all over
I joined this site years ago when I was looking for a used Tacoma. Just discovered it again. Going by your avatar and mention of 'clutch' - do you have a gen 1 manual transmission Tacoma with over 300k miles?

I joined this site years ago when I was looking for a used Tacoma. Just discovered it again. Going by your avatar and mention of 'clutch' - do you have a gen 1 manual transmission Tacoma with over 300k miles?
Well welcome back to tacomaforum.com Stelcom66. Did you find a Tacoma ? Pictures ? And did you give your Tacoma a name ?

Thank you - and yes I did. Almost a year ago, a 2007 Access Cab. No name, and I see I was here in 2018! Due to job changes since then and retirement maybe not too far away, a used Tacoma was the best choice. For now, while I'm still working I have an older Chevy as a backup.
Nice blue Tacoma you have- a rare color around here.

Attachments

• Toyota & Chevy.jpg
    Toyota & Chevy.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
Thank you - and yes I did. Almost a year ago, a 2007 Access Cab. No name, and I see I was here in 2018! Due to job changes since then and retirement maybe not too far away, a used Tacoma was the best choice. For now, while I'm still working I have an older Chevy as a backup.
Thats a good looking rig. My middle son just bought an 05 Tacoma access cab in New Jersey and drove it back to Virginia about two months ago. Very similar to yours except in a dark blue. Yeah, I saw that too, your last visit was 2018. Glad you came back. Lots of good people on here and very knowledgable about Tacomas. And very often extremely entertaining. TacomaWorld.com banned me for life and the mods are very quick-tempered. Love my VooDooBlue.

Oh and by the way, Jay (OP) is on his way up to Canada but I promise you he will reply to your question by the end of the night. :cool:

Yes!
It Turnt 300k at or near the Florida Georgia line a couple weeks ago
The MT is getting more and more finicky and I am no longer certain I will be able to push it to the intended goal of 333k or 1/3rd million miles before replacing parts... I may have to settle for 311k LMAO

How far up Maine you plan to drive?
Where have U been in ME?
Where do you recommend to go?
Please don't say everywhere lol
Looking at the map there is a LARGE area that looks uninhabited with nothing but trees and no real roads, highways, routes

Where have U been in ME?
Where do you recommend to go?
Please don't say everywhere lol
Looking at the map there is a LARGE area that looks uninhabited with nothing but trees and no real roads, highways, routes
I've been to Portland/old orchard beach area camping. Been to boothbay...bar harbor is worth going to. Done fishing trips at baxter state park...been to mt Katahdin to see the snow cap still in august, millinocket, west millinocket, to see friends. I've got a buddy now living in calais I've stopped to visit. Been to Fort Kent for the starting area of a weeks snowmobile ride around gaspe canada.
There's a memorial B-52 crash site near Moosehead Lake we visited on snowmobile...idk if you can get there without some hiking.

Back