a new chapter begins... the road to 400k

IDK :confused:
LCAs replaced for the first time along with a new steering rack
Then the alignment tech states its the coilover shock absorbers that are preventing the proper alignment to prevent this pull
They needed adjusting and did not have the proper tool to do so

Why are the coilover shocks interfering with the wheel alignment?....they should have nothing to do with it unless some bozo installed the wrong type. What did you have done to this truck?

Why do you need those overly expensive coil over adjustable shocks on such an old truck...are you planning to race it on a road course, or do slalom? Btw...I still have a small piece of land for sale that I'll let go at at a discount, but its mushy year round.

I race on the most rotted and roached roads and they will not ever fix them properly... Not if it takes more than 4 years to just fix one and they have dozens more developing after about 33 years since they were all built
There are too many bridge decks totally f!cked around here

i did put some plain old monroe shocks on for a try and they kept rapping bad on the bumpstops
and the current ones made no difference on the little cracks in the road let alone the massive road decay on the high-speed roadway
tried some bilsteins many years ago with no improvement either

i am in the current process of throwing new parts on like almost everywhere :confused:
so i don't know much about this suspension steering stuffs, i always have left it to the trained 'experts' because of my inexperience that i have no shame in admitting to ... it is all a learning process with a VERY steep curve it seems
i have had truck professionally inspected on many multiple occasions the past five years and just seems that all these EXPERTS seriously have NO clue about anything and no concrete direction on exactly what the hale to do ! ! !

Ever think this issue could be something other than the shocks causing your problem?

Got some adjustments done at alldogsoffroad in stinkin Lincoln
Now waiting for the stone of fire to get alignment proper

U can resolve nothing!, tacoJoel
That is not in the budget and no single cab available yet on new taco taco
Don't need no nanny bs
My rig even has NO passenger airbag as stock lmao

It'd be in the budget many miles ago before blowing thousands in parts on this used up rat trap. If your independently wealthy, thats one thing. I just see too many people get too deep into debt making bad decisions that they eventually end up with nothing.

A few more tweaks could be used on the alignment
Steering wheel not centered up :( but much too windy out for the tech to test
But that oh crap major pull to right is gone or at least diminished... Windy AF out today
And perhaps that nasty vibration from the crap napa cv axle is bygone

Last edited:
No alignment in the world will cure worn out parts.

Your alignment issues are likely due to worn tie rods, UBJ, LBJ, bushing. Until you address all the parts.....well you'll just be tossing $$ out.

Did you ever replace all the u-joints, and carrier bearing? That alone causes vibration when on their way out. When you have a truck with that many miles, just replacing one worn part isn't enough. You can't rebuild a truck one piece at a time using band-aids....I keep harping, you need to go through everything.

Last edited:
Did you ever replace all the u-joints, and carrier bearing? That alone causes vibration when on their way out. When you have a truck with that many miles, just replacing one worn part isn't enough. You can't rebuild a truck one piece at a time using band-aids....I keep harping, you need to go through everything.
You mean he didn't do the U-joint/Carrier bearing work........ Thought that escapade was a whole series of Groundhog Days.

Ya know what I think is comical? The game of pinning the blame on parts instead of returning them. The irony is the "nasty vibration" could be any number of items. Yet unlikely its the new parts.

Ujoints were recently noted as aok on this old truck
The gen2 might be a different issue with clunking from P to R to D

An extraordinary hot day today near 79 degrees
Made a hot run into NW Missouri to pick up supplies
Then tried out the new taco parts underneath the truck getting back onto 29 North... Gave 'em some good exercise
Last fall when hot out in this same general area there would be a nasty ting ting ting at 3k RPM in 3rd and 4th Gear on the throttle down on ramp
NO ting ting ting heard this time :)

Last edited:
Back