Anyone else from the other place ?

For anyone considering upgrading to the awesome Subaru KICKER tweeters (H631SFJ101) there is a 20% coupon code (HDY22) available to use at subarupartswarehouse.com. They are great speakers and I have used them in 3 Tacomas. The total price is now $75 including tax. There may be a shipping or pickup handling charge added at checkout.

For anyone considering upgrading to the awesome Subaru KICKER tweeters (H631SFJ101) there is a 20% coupon code (HDY22) available to use at subarupartswarehouse.com. They are great speakers and I have used them in 3 Tacomas. The total price is now $75 including tax. There may be a shipping or pickup handling charge added at checkout.
i have nearly 26 year old stock speakers :confused:
miss the kenwood tape deck 6 disk changer combo
it was not repairable back in '06/'07 per the geekSquad at the bestBuy

Knda depends on how well the owner maintains them.

Use rim weights, leave 'em dirty, ignore chips, bang against curbs...... You can expect short life.

Take care with basic maintenance and they will last.
Its was weird with my tundras aluminum allow wheels. Once they got around 12 years old the finish on them like a clear coat began flaking off. They eventually became a dull light gray color with some pitting. Didn't seem to matter how well you took care of them by washing, and waxing. I'm now trying a different approach with the tacoma by ceramic coating them every five years or so.

Its was weird with my tundras aluminum allow wheels. Once they got around 12 years old the finish on them like a clear coat began flaking off. They eventually became a dull light gray color with some pitting. Didn't seem to matter how well you took care of them by washing, and waxing. I'm now trying a different approach with the tacoma by ceramic coating them every five years or so.
thats what i seen happen (online pics) with the updated 16" alloys from the Gen1 taco era 01-04
they just turn nasty and peel

waxing wheels, oh my! that sounds hardcore

Once the coating begins to separate no amount of washing/waxing will alter the outcome.

FWIW, Wheels do flex when driving. Is the ceramic coating able to flex with the wheel???

Once the coating begins to separate no amount of washing/waxing will alter the outcome.

FWIW, Wheels do flex when driving. Is the ceramic coating able to flex with the wheel???
Zero issues so far with the wheels i had done. They look like the day i bought the truck home....that is once i give them a good rinse.

did you put cosmoline on the inner part that you cannot readily wash & scrub out without wheel removal

Zero issues so far with the wheels i had done. They look like the day i bought the truck home....that is once i give them a good rinse.

The only place i used cosmoline on a wheel was for the spare that sits under the bed. The one on my tundra was just fluid flimed once a year, yet when i looked at it many years later, the wheels black paint on that spare had gone to a thick surface rust. I'm hoping the cosmoline holds up better on the tacoma's spare.

The only place i used cosmoline on a wheel was for the spare that sits under the bed. The one on my tundra was just fluid flimed once a year, yet when i looked at it many years later, the wheels black paint on that spare had gone to a thick surface rust. I'm hoping the cosmoline holds up better on the tacoma's spare.
i sprayed boeShield on my relatives '11 spare steelie after doing some rusty crusty converting couple months ago
its too cold to check onit currently, going below zero F with snow squalls predicted LOL

i sprayed boeShield on my relatives '11 spare steelie after doing some rusty crusty converting couple months ago
its too cold to check onit currently, going below zero F with snow squalls predicted LOL
My spare is steel also, reason of coating it with cosmoline. The wheels on my truck are aluminum alloy that have that black chrome finish.

Regarding Toyota wheels and clear coat they are horrible. I had a set on my 3rd gen that were new 2015 4runner take-offs. After roughly 3 .5 years the clear started peeling. No road salt here. People say that using car wash on Toyota wheels helps to delaminate the clear. Not too sure about that because I used ceramic on those wheels. I have replaced several sets of peeling Toyota wheels over the years on 1st and 2nd gens. They seem to have the weakest clear coat adhesion of all truck manufacturers. I just expect to replace them every 4 years or so with another set of 4runner take-offs. I usually find sets from $300 to $400 and sometimes the price includes new take-off tires or decent used tires. I nearly bought a set of 2016 clean take-off 4runner 17 x 7 wheels today for $180 just as a spare set. Too close to xmas to throw the extra $$ away.

Back