Anyone else from the other place ?

Timmy the toolman and Toyota time with Shawn or Sean is the bestest
It inspires me to attempt to tackle much needed repairs on my older-than-dirt rig

Last edited:
I have been a member there since 2013. I have been on 1st 2nd and 3rd gen forums with several 1st 2nd and 3rd gen trucks. What I can say is that the 3rd gen forum was the worst one to me. Since selling my 3rd gen and returning to a 2nd gen the 2nd gen forum is much more pleasant there. If there was a way to bypass the 3rd gen "what size tires", "how much lift" and " new Pro grille" posts it would be much better. I can't remember being on any site with so many copycats. Not much originality. There is much more information there due to the number of members. This forum seems to be building but it has been a slow process.

Funny I literally came from there after 6 days. Just signed up here. Have a brand new 22 SR5 DblCab. Simply asked about putting an Eaton Elocker in the rear. Heard how air lockers are better, how I should have bought a different Tacoma, how they only make one for the 8.8 rear when Eaton’s website has one for the 8 listed. Got told it was hard, money was better spent on lift and bigger tires….blah blah blah. So yeah didn’t need that ****e.

I have been a member there since 2013. I have been on 1st 2nd and 3rd gen forums with several 1st 2nd and 3rd gen trucks. What I can say is that the 3rd gen forum was the worst one to me. Since selling my 3rd gen and returning to a 2nd gen the 2nd gen forum is much more pleasant there. If there was a way to bypass the 3rd gen "what size tires", "how much lift" and " new Pro grille" posts it would be much better. I can't remember being on any site with so many copycats. Not much originality. There is much more information there due to the number of members. This forum seems to be building but it has been a slow process.
I can't say a bad word about my 2020 sr5 tacoma. Its been a great truck so far. Plenty of power right from the get-go, all the way up to top end. Its the most fun truck i've owned to drive.
As far as the other place, i got banned too soon by these snowflakes that have no sense of humor to really know what the forum was like.

I can't say a bad word about my 2020 sr5 tacoma. Its been a great truck so far. Plenty of power right from the get-go, all the way up to top end. Its the most fun truck i've owned to drive.
As far as the other place, i got banned too soon by these snowflakes that have no sense of humor to really know what the forum was like.
How do you see yer truck doing in the year 2045?

Last edited:
I have had my fair share of stupid replies in response to some of my real life hands-on experiences with my 6 Tacomas over "there". I have owned every gen including a 1987 pre-gen SR5. That doesn't include the other Toyotas I owned including a 4runner, Highlander, Rav4, 2 Corollas and 2 Avalons. But, according to some of their members, I don't have a clue what I am talking about. I have only been wrenching and servicing my cars since 1974. Seems like people there just like to argue with no ammo.
Regarding the question "How do you see yer truck doing in the year 2045?" I never saw my 3rd gen making it to 2025. That is why I sold it after 5.5 years with 25k and went back to 2nd gens. I frequently see those 4.0 trucks hitting 300k to 400k miles. I didn't feel like my 3.5 would ever see 200k. Maybe it will happen to some. I just don't think you will see the same percentage of 3rd gens getting there compared to 1st or 2nd gens. My 2000 was last sold with 230k, with everything internally original, have a 2012 with 160k that runs better than my 2016 ever did, and the "baby" my 2008 only has 85k miles and will most likely outlive me.

I have had my fair share of stupid replies in response to some of my real life hands-on experiences with my 6 Tacomas over "there". I have owned every gen including a 1987 pre-gen SR5. That doesn't include the other Toyotas I owned including a 4runner, Highlander, Rav4, 2 Corollas and 2 Avalons. But, according to some of their members, I don't have a clue what I am talking about. I have only been wrenching and servicing my cars since 1974. Seems like people there just like to argue with no ammo.
Regarding the question "How do you see yer truck doing in the year 2045?" I never saw my 3rd gen making it to 2025. That is why I sold it after 5.5 years with 25k and went back to 2nd gens. I frequently see those 4.0 trucks hitting 300k to 400k miles. I didn't feel like my 3.5 would ever see 200k. Maybe it will happen to some. I just don't think you will see the same percentage of 3rd gens getting there compared to 1st or 2nd gens. My 2000 was last sold with 230k, with everything internally original, have a 2012 with 160k that runs better than my 2016 ever did, and the "baby" my 2008 only has 85k miles and will most likely outlive me.
You must not wheel in the winter salted areas!

We got lottsa salt in New England if u want some! :)
My 03 tundra had 135 k on it when I sold it in '17 . I see it at least once a week still and its got close to 200k . original frame too the guy I sold it to takes just as good care of it as I did. He loves it .20171014_181541.jpg

Back