Automatic transmission shudder... or not?

i had no clue whut the rattle was :confused: that is why i kept consulting the 'expertly trained' to tell me whut was the grinding noise at the time
trusted the master ASE certified Yota tech when they confirmed it was clutch throwout bearing making the racket on multi occasions

the AC part was when it first popped up in 2o19, a grinding noise at 2.1k rpm through the gears after the AC had been shut off

apparently U people do not know much about engine automechanics either or you could pinpoint whut was happening

the shop that replaced that 600$ part told me what was going on and so I learned from the experience that could have cost me the engine and a bunch of other pricey parts in there with a busted fan blade ripping things up
Thats a far cry from a throwout bearing. I'd say that engine in those pics has blowed up, just in a different way.

Thats a far cry from a throwout bearing. I'd say that engine in those pics has blowed up, just in a different way.

the queer rattle for more than a year was NOT always that noisy
that audio/video was just at the end when it became the most loudest at idle thinking it was the clutch throwout bearing

the queer rattle for more than a year was NOT always that noisy
that audio/video was just at the end when it became the most loudest at idle thinking it was the clutch throwout bearing
You're lucky it was caught just in time. Next rattle job may not be so lucky.

i just wish that i can be able to help someone out in the future with the same similar issue

Idk about your truck, but imo, it's rare, and would mostly happen with higher mileage vehicles. I had close to 300k miles on my tundra, but that truck got a timing belt kit every 100k that included the water pump, plus a new tensioner, and serpentine belt. Maybe if those components were not replace, I'd be looking at something similar. Thats just part of maintenance thats important, when have that kind of time on a vehicle. Sooner, or later there comes a time when enough is enough.

i friggin' tried that on my rig :( ... several times the past several years
latest time told them (tranny shop) what is happenin (weird vibe at low RPMs rowing gears) and they FAILED to replicate it and still took good coin out of my pokcet

told them it does not always happen, just noticed it for the first time in Arkansas in hotter weather

the dumshitass $hit out his hole, 'what you want us to drive it to Arkansas?'

FML

i do not honestly recall this tranny shop (that i had in for diagnostics) say one thing about the pilot bearing is needing replaced! and that is what is making those queer sounds

Whenever a general clutch replacement is diagnosed, the pilot bearing like the throwout is included as part of the repair. They need not break it down to every specific component.

i was told by trained experienced seen-it-all-before 'expert' that the clutch was perfectly fine in good working order and that no issues were found upon diagnostics/inspection back then

so what are signs of automatic transmission shuddering for Gen2 AT
i know nothing much about torque converter and all that jazz
this is a steep learning curve :confused:

Cruising along, and getting a shaking feeling happening at very low rpm like in overdrive. The torque converter is the cause.

hmmm...
thank you much!
its probably nothing :confused:
i am going to check on the uJoints on that prop shaft once i can get up there in the air for better accessibility

Back