Best Cost Effective Way to Improve 3rd Gen Entune Premium

I didn't, but I'm thinking about it. What holds me back is voiding the warranty and skepticism that I'll be satisfied with the increased performance that is talked about here.

Magnuson-Moss Act of 1975.
You won’t void a warranty. You are just responsible for any damage to other equipment from an added part/modification.
If something breaks that isn’t related to the mod than they are legally obligated to fix it.

d95c3739-b3f2-4db3-b10b-6446d01a083e-gif.19570

Ease up, big guy.

blower on it

Huh? What blower???

This gets complicateder and complicateder.

I didn't, but I'm thinking about it. What holds me back is voiding the warranty and skepticism that I'll be satisfied with the increased performance that is talked about here.
It's not so much that OV adds power, they say 20 or so, but they fix so many annoying issues with Toyota's crappy factory tune. The throttle response is remarkable, no more bog down low, no more indecisive switching back and forth from Atkinson cycle. It does exactly what I expect it to when I want it to. It's got power in all the right places. We're still tweaking on mine but there was a very noticeable improvement right off the bat. It's not a racecar though, it's still a heavy little truck with a tiny engine. OV is definitely an improvement, it was worth the $600 to me.

You can send them data logs and have adjustments made. I'm still learning. My tuning experience involves recurving distributors, using a timing light and changing jets. Haha

My maxima was loosen the cap, turn.... rev, and listen for ping..... backoff an eighth of a cricket leg.... tighten, drive.
Timing light was handy most times... but we didnt care too much aboot that lil vg30, it was a tough bish.

You can send them data logs and have adjustments made. I'm still learning. My tuning experience involves recurving distributors, using a timing light and changing jets. Haha
Wireless tuning. All cars will have this ability in the future if the manufacturer wants to. You can complete updates via WiFi.

Yes! I used to do that. 1° over top dead center.

But I'm inching closer to OV.

Still, what's with the blower?
If there was a turbo for the 3.5L you could get more power out of it. Until then not much use in adding 20 hp for $$$$ by adding exhaust, CAI, or tuning products. I’ll save my money and press the long peddle.

Back