Covid

i have not had a persistent 'cold' since early February '20... almost 3 years now
for the past 2 weeks i have been trying to fight off something i caught
still sniffling and coughing as of today... the 1st week was bad! thot i was a goner
Idk, there's a bunch of weird stuff going around that are affecting the young kids. I've been bless throughout my 70 years never to get any of that stuff, not even a cold, but its not all perfect as i have hereditary issues with my thyroid that causes other problems like hypertension.

Any vaccination will impact your immune system. During that time is when the immune system is developing anti-bodies to defend against that particular aliment.

Our household has its first cold since 2020. My 24 yo daughter has a basic head cold. Symptoms appeared last Thursday, she is nearly over the cold today. Neither my wife nor I have had a cold since we received the Covid vaccine.

Frankly, I think many people are striving to justify their paradigm with outlying examples. Truth is.....no vaccine is 100% safe for 100% of the people. There are always risks. Life is full of risks.

@tacojoel There are times when the public does not need to know all the facts. Yes, its a fine line between a lie and not telling. I'm sure there have been times when your best interest was to not tell your wife about a something. Although, your wife may classify the not telling as a lie.

why the perceived FORCING of the jabb?

not in my life have i ever perceived the FLU vaccine as being FORCED upon the general populous
not ever.
its been different with this one, much different.

I only recall the only "forced" covid vaccines were on 1st Responders and Military. Some businesses tried to mandate, but the employee can always find different employment. There were opt outs due to religious or health issues.

It certainly wasn't forced on the general public. Although, the public was urged to take the vaccine. Don't recall anyone being tied down or put in jail for refusing.

the keyword is 'perceived'
its only been a year...

December 21, 2021

City of Chicago Announces Vaccine Requirements for Restaurants, Bars, Gyms, and Other Indoor Public Places​

Informed decision made after closely monitoring COVID-19 public health data, including recent surge and Omicron variant spread​

Mayor's Press Office 312.744.3334
Download this Press Release

CHICAGO – Today, Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot, the Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH), and the Chicago Department of Business Affairs & Consumer Protection (BACP) announced that any individual 5 years of age or older will be required to show proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to dine indoors, visit gyms, or enjoy entertainment venues where food or drink are being served. This new requirement goes into effect on January 3, 2022 and is in response to an alarming rise in COVID-19 cases both locally and nationally, driven in part by the Omicron variant, and is similar to requirements already in place in other large cities, including New York City and Los Angeles.
"Despite our diligent and equitable vaccine distribution efforts throughout this year, unfortunately, our city continues to see a surge of COVID-19 Delta and now Omicron cases," said Mayor Lightfoot. "New steps must be taken to protect the health and wellbeing of our residents. This public health order requiring proof of vaccination to visit certain indoor public places is a necessary measure to ensure we can continue to enjoy our city's many amenities as we enter the new year."
Patrons age 5 and older must show proof of full vaccination; patrons age 16 and over will also need to provide identification that matches their vaccination record. If any employees of these venues and establishments are not fully vaccinated, the employer must ensure that these employees both continue to mask when interacting with patrons and provide proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test.
The City of Chicago mask mandate also remains in effect for all public indoor settings. The new order does not affect this mask requirement. The order will remain in effect until the City of Chicago is through this Omicron-driven surge and the risk of overwhelming hospital capacity has passed.
“This new requirement will not eliminate COVID risk, but it will help ensure a much safer indoor environment for fully vaccinated Chicagoans, as well as for the employees working in these higher-risk settings. As we head further into the winter months, we must take this step now,” said CDPH Commissioner Allison Arwady, M.D. “With Omicron, I do expect to see many more COVID reinfections and breakthrough cases, but luckily the vaccines continue to protect very well against severe illness, hospitalization, and death—and even more so when people have also had a booster shot. I remain most worried about the hundreds of thousands of Chicagoans who still have not received a single dose of COVID vaccine nor recovered from COVID infection. I’m worried for their own health, but also for the risk they pose to others’ health and to our hospital capacity—and while we are in this concerning surge, we must limit that risk.”
Chicago was already experiencing a COVID-19 surge thanks to the Delta variant, and as the much more contagious Omicron variant has become dominant over the last week, that surge has dramatically worsened. The city is now averaging more than 1,700 new COVID cases in Chicago residents every day, a 79% increase from one week ago. Chicago’s test positivity rate is now over 7%, up from 4.1% one week ago. More than 60 Chicagoans are being newly hospitalized with COVID each day and an average of 10 Chicagoans are dying from COVID each day. The large majority of Chicago’s COVID hospitalizations and deaths continue to be in people who are not vaccinated. All of these figures are the worst they have been since January 2021, before vaccines were widely available.
Effective Monday, January 3, 2022, the Chicago Vaccine Requirements will apply to the following public indoor places:
  • Indoor Dining: Establishments where food or beverages are served, including, but not limited to, restaurants, bars, fast food establishments, coffee shops, tasting rooms, cafeterias, food courts, dining areas of grocery stores, breweries, wineries, distilleries, banquet halls, and hotel ballrooms; and
  • Indoor Fitness: Gyms and fitness venues, including, but not limited to, gyms, recreation facilities, fitness centers, yoga, Pilates, cycling, barre, and dance studios, hotel gyms, boxing and kickboxing gyms, fitness boot camps, and other facilities used for conducting indoor group fitness classes; and
  • Indoor entertainment and recreation venues where food or beverages are served: Including, but not limited to, movie theaters, music and concert venues, live performance venues, adult entertainment venues, commercial event and party venues, sports arenas, performing arts theaters, bowling alleys, arcades, card rooms, family entertainment centers, play areas, pool and billiard halls, and other recreational game centers.
The vaccine requirement does not include houses of worship; grocery stores (though indoor dining sections within grocery stores would be included); locations in O’Hare International Airport or Midway International Airport; locations in a residential or office building the use of which is limited to residents, owners, or tenants of that building; or food service establishments providing only charitable food services, such as soup kitchens. Schools and day cares also are not included in the order.
Proof of vaccination means a CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card or an official immunization record from the jurisdiction, state, or country where the vaccine was administered or a digital or physical photo of such a card or record, reflecting the person’s name, vaccine brand, and date administered.
"Chicago's business community is essential to limiting the spread of COVID-19, including the recent Omicron variant," said BACP Commissioner Ken Meyer. "Chicago’s businesses have stepped up repeatedly to protect the health of customers and workers. The vaccine requirement, along with the masking requirement, are our best defense against ending the COVID-19 pandemic."
Establishments will be required to develop and keep a written record describing the protocol for implementing and enforcing the vaccine requirement. Also, establishments will be required to prominently post signage at each publicly accessible entrance to the covered location and at least one location inside the covered location that is conspicuously visible, informing patrons of the vaccination requirement.
The following individuals are exempted from the vaccine requirement:
  • Individuals entering an establishment for less than 10 minutes for ordering and carrying out food; delivering goods; or using the bathroom;
  • A nonresident performing artist who does not regularly perform or render services in a covered location, or a nonresident individual accompanying such a performing artist, while the performing artist or individual is in a covered location for the purposes of such artist’s performance;
  • A nonresident professional athlete or a nonresident individual accompanying such professional athlete, who enters a covered location as part of their regular employment for purposes of the professional athlete/sports team competition;
  • Individuals who have previously received a medical or religious exemption (e.g. from an employer), provided such patrons show the establishment proof of the medical or religious exemption and a COVID-19 test administered by a medical professional within the last 72 hours prior to entering.
  • An individual 18 years of age or younger who enters a covered location to participate in an activity organized by a school or after-school program offered by any pre-kindergarten through grade twelve public or non-public school; and
  • An individual who enters for the purposes of voting in a municipal, state, or federal election; or, pursuant to law, assisting or accompanying a voter or observing such election.
Businesses seeking more information and guidance should visit Chicago.gov/COVID. The City of Chicago will be holding informational webinars to provide an overview of the vaccine requirement on Wednesday, December 22 at 11:00 a.m., Wednesday, December 29 at 11:00 a.m., and Tuesday, January 4 at 2:00 p.m. To register for a webinar, please visit Chicago.gov/businesseducation.

That details restrictions on venues for patrons and exemptions.

It does not "force" anyone to be vaccinated. The employees without vax need to wear a mask and have proof of negative tests.

If you wanted to go into a bar or eatery in Chicago you were forced to show a vaxx passport + ID proof that personal medical card presented was actually yours or NO SOUP FOR YOU!

Any vaccination will impact your immune system. During that time is when the immune system is developing anti-bodies to defend against that particular aliment.

Our household has its first cold since 2020. My 24 yo daughter has a basic head cold. Symptoms appeared last Thursday, she is nearly over the cold today. Neither my wife nor I have had a cold since we received the Covid vaccine.

Frankly, I think many people are striving to justify their paradigm with outlying examples. Truth is.....no vaccine is 100% safe for 100% of the people. There are always risks. Life is full of risks.

@tacojoel There are times when the public does not need to know all the facts. Yes, its a fine line between a lie and not telling. I'm sure there have been times when your best interest was to not tell your wife about a something. Although, your wife may classify the not telling as a lie.
Only i had to lie about was when telling the wife try snowmobiling that the sled will keep you warm, it wasn't as cold a sport as you think...she tried it once and still thinks i'm crazy for it at my age. Shes wants to move south, and i'm not ready to yet.
Imo, we have the biggest bunch of lier's in washington ever starting with this fake president.

I don't see a problem with that.

Sometimes, the mass population needs protection from the infected population. Its been happening since biblical times. Lepers were isolated from the mass population.

The restriction is no different than legal age to drink alcohol. if not 21, then no booze for you.

I only recall the only "forced" covid vaccines were on 1st Responders and Military. Some businesses tried to mandate, but the employee can always find different employment. There were opt outs due to religious or health issues.

It certainly wasn't forced on the general public. Although, the public was urged to take the vaccine. Don't recall anyone being tied down or put in jail for refusing.
No, i agree it wasn't forced, but every time i went to my dentist, or doctors for a checkup the vaccine issue came up if i was, or not. Then the lectures came how covid is like a heat seeking missile that eventually it will find you. Well it still hasn't, and probably never will. Its just as bad as the mask deal when i was out shopping the last couple years. I never wore one while most other's did. I'd get chastised by mothers with their kids, or avoided like i carrying some dreaded disease. Others kept telling me the vaccine will prevent me from spreading covid which we were lied to not being true, same for many of these masks. All i ask is the truth. This government is so full of bullshit, and lies that makes the last one look like angels.

I bet it did find you and was a non issue
It found me in Denver in late January '20
Or suppose that's what it was because it was something new for me to fight

I bet it did find you and was a non issue
It found me in Denver in late January '20
Or suppose that's what it was because it was something new for me to fight
Well if it did i wasn't aware of it. My dentist that did my 6 month checkup tested positive for covid along with 3 other of her patients and several office workers the next day. I received a phone call from some medical person contacting anyone that had been to ther office to get an innediate covid test. That place was shut down for 2 weeks till they cleaned it up. I got tested but negative while nearly everyone else that was there tested positive. Bugs as such never liked me. I never took any of the vaccines when growing up...my parents didn't allow it.

I equate the mask to the simple act of covering your mouth and nose when you sneeze or cough.

Frankly, I don't want anybody blowing their snot laden with who know what on me.

I certainly hope people have enough manners to cover when sneezing or coughing.

This is an air borne bug........

If ye are visiting the arch monument in St Louis you must now put a face diaper on :confused:
I had to do the same entering the blood testing section of our hospital yesterday. Strange to sit with 20 other people with masks on waiting for their turn. Felt like being in some weird operating room.

I equate the mask to the simple act of covering your mouth and nose when you sneeze or cough.

Frankly, I don't want anybody blowing their snot laden with who know what on me.

I certainly hope people have enough manners to cover when sneezing or coughing.

This is an air borne bug........
Problem is most masks do not stop the spread of covid through them.

Back