Critters place

Like I said. Natural gas has to be cooled below -160C to liquify. Don't know the solidification temperature. Either way, I don't think TX got any where near -160C. Although the TXans may think so...........

Walk was palatable today, 31F without wind, Out piddlin' on things for 50 minutes.

Today's tasks are to check the health of the charging/ignition system on my CX500C and to begin a woodworking project. Then to mix up 3.5 lbs of dog chow.

The CX500C has been in storage since 2014. My plan is to ride in the Spring. The winter will be waking it up, making repairs and getting ready for another season in the wind with ear-to-ear smile under the helmet.

The motorcycle is one of the few things in life that provides an infinite supply of selfish joy.

hope you have a heated garage to wrench in!
i don't :confused: which is a good thing perhaps
heated garages i've heard can cook that salted rott that is present in the winter and exacerbate it

Mom Nature heats my garage. I'll work until my hands are too cold, then I go in the house to warm up.

As a reminder from High School Chemistry class. Heat will accelerate a reaction. Salt + H2O + Fe2 = FeO2 Its a chemical reaction. The garage heat does not cook........ although, the reaction will be accelerated.

might see some freezing rain turning into just rain in the afternoon
oh whatever is that dumbass local county saltcrew gonna do :eek:

We had a bit of ice fog overnight. Today, expecting rain and snow.

I suspect the predicted rain will freeze on contact with the roads, bridges, overpass....etc. So, the road crews should at least be applying brine at intersections, bridges and overpasses.

Although, I haven't seen a single DOT truck yet...........

could be mostly transplants from warm weather areas that don't handle the cold weather conditions well
i learned to drive in the snow in a RWD 4 bangar stick mt
most now have no clue how to handle one of those in the slippery
RWD with MT became a by-gone era so long ago!

is my local state road department waiting for the I-80 overpass in Sarpy to totally collapse whilst traffic onit before they make the much needed repairs??
i swear that one of these days one of these is going to pop out of the concrete AGAIN
this is dangerous, no?
1670524027217.png

That Rebar or whatever that metal chunk is more of o concern to I
Yes its this bad around here
Took more than two years to properly fix that above... How long will it last!!?!

I bet Des Moines gets their west mixmaster fixed up before they tear this high traffic bridge up for repairs... And there is another overpass about a mile away also crumbling down

Nothing more than a cold December rain most of the afternoon and evening
No freezing or slippery spots anywhere

Back