Critters place

Well, so far today, 45 minute walk with the dog, pancake B'fast for me, chow for the dog, now hunting part sources. Later today, the goal is to remove the exhaust from the motorcycle.

Need to do this with a minimum number of pieces. Gaskets, seals and such are getting hard to find for a 41 yo motorcycle. Plus, none of the fasteners have moved since 1981. This is prelude to removing the engine to replace the charging and ignition systems.

We got lucky in this area. The "storm" that came thru only gave a bit of rain and slushy snow. A minor dusting. Today temps are predicted to be in the low 40's.

Last edited:
best-car-guy-automotive-gift-idea.jpg

only 241$ !!!

This morning's dog walk was a bit harsh. Wind Chill is at 0F. I really have a strong dislike for winter. Shoot, the dog doesn't like it either. He hesitates and balks when we step outside. Get business done, then he starts pulling on the leash towards home. I'm right behind him.

B'fast was pancakes & coffee for me and raw meat chow for the dog. Watched a bit of Bugs Bunny & Friends during b'fast. That stuff is timeless and funny.

Last edited:
living it up wild in Iowa are you, Rock?

i make a trek to Des Moines this week before it starts snowing at below zero degrees on Thursday, flurries expected at that temp or REAL measurable snow at those frigid temps
monday looks like its gonna be 31 degrees

Yeah, the week's forecast is looking pretty harsh. Current prediction is snow and below 0F high temperatures. Gee, looking forward to Jan/Feb temperatures. Global warming my frosty rear end.

Drive safely. Many roads are ice covered. The last storm started with rain followed with falling temperatures and snow with high winds. So, a tough layer of snice formed on the roads. Its weird ice......when a car drives on it, it turns to glaze ice. The "virgin" stuff looks like alligator skin and crunches underfoot.

You betcha, living the dream here in IA.

Had to make a run last Thursday on wet roads for dog chow ingredients. The mist from the tires encrusted the truck with a heavy layer of ice. If we can crack into the upper 20s with dry roads, I'll do a Pay-n-Spray rinse. Until then.........its ice crusted, probably for another week.

I feel for you guys. I spent 2 years I'm Great Falls Montana before I retired. Brutal cold and snow on top of snow on top of snow. They never plowed the roads.

I saw the forecast tonight. Later this week we are expecting more snow (2 events) and wind chill in the -20 to -30F.

At those levels a Freeze Waring will be issued. Meaning any exposed skin will freeze in less than 1 minute.

The weather will give a nice gift for Christmas.

Scrambled egg & sausage burritos with Picante sauce for B'fast. Now sipping coffee waiting for the temp to climb.

Currently is about 5F with windchill in the -10 range. Today we expect mid-20s and sunshine (1st in 13 days). So, its time to try chiseling the snow/ice schmutz off the driveway and to visit the Pay-n-Spray to rinse off the ice crust on the Tacoma.

Need to prep for the sub-zero snowfalls this week beginning on Monday.

One day, I hope to escape this frozen state. Perhaps retire in some place warm like Thailand.

Sioux Falls SD​

Wed 21 | Day​

-3°
66%
NNE 15 mph
Bitterly cold. Variably cloudy with snow showers. High -3F. Winds NNE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 70%. 1 to 3 inches of snow expected.
  • Humidity79%
  • UV Index1 of 10
  • Sunrise7:56 am
  • Sunset4:53 pm

Wed 21 | Night​

-15°
63%
NNW 19 mph
Occasional snow showers. Low near -15F. Winds NNW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of snow 60%. Snowfall around one inch.

Waking to another frigid a55 morning. Finally got the gumption to clear the driveway of the last storm gift. Expecting temps in upper 20s with snow. Then the bottom falls out of the thermometer.

I'm embarrassed to say I fired up the snow blower to clear about 2 inches off the drive. Too cold to stand in the wind shoveling. Fortunately, it started on the 1st pull. YAAAAYYY!

The truck is still crusted in road mist/ice. Perhaps later today I can remove the schmutz.

Mechanic work has stopped......well all outside work is stopped.

Back