Dealer "Market Adjustment"

I think leasing is great if you Drive the vehicle everyday and are the type of person who wants a new vehicle every 2-3 years..I drive a company vehicle everyday which keeps my taco parked / Covered/and the mileage down!
I’m 62,,always bought my vehicles but as we get older,,you start to think, do I really want to lay on the ground and change my oil anymore..so I decided to give leasing a try,,I make Great money,work hard,,why not!..should have researched it more,( fell in love with the truck on the lot :rolleyes::rolleyes:)…BUT,,when you lease,you don’t own it..
Didn’t work out Financially for me,,,,with 3 yrs of lease payments and the buy out at 28 K,my truck realistically cost me around 48K. But my 17 sport had 8k on it after my 3 yr lease was up,,it was worth 34K,,no brainer for me to buy it out for 28K then,,and Now my local Dealer offered me 40k when they did the Fuel Pump recall 5 months ago.,makes you think,right ?
They can’t get New Ones on the lot anywhere,,it’s crazy

Nice color too ! Never leased never had a car payment .I always put money aside till I get at least half then buy new vehicle and sell off the old one hoping to get close to half if new vehicles price. My tundra I had 13 years so I was able to squirrel a bunch away for the taco then sold the tundra for a 3rd of new one :)

I just got a letter from my dealer wanting to buy back my taco. In theory they offered me $2000 less than what I bought it for 3 years ago. The kicker was move to the head of the line to get a new one. Why would I sell my perfectly good taco to get in line to get a new one?????? They must be really hurting for sales.

It's crazy out there if you're looking for a new Tacoma. The dealers around me have no new inventory on the lot. One dealer had about 15 used tacomas, and they are going for way more than a new one costs.

Most dealers are adding "Market Adjustments" to their prices. I'm seeing anything from $3k - $5k on the MSRP.

I found a dealer about 2 1/2 hours away that claimed to be selling for MSRP but then when I got the build sheet i saw that they were just getting their mark up in packages.

On the flip side they are offering more on my trade in than I paid for it new so maybe I should stop being so cheap.

What are you guys seeing?

The tailgate power lock is double what I paid back in October. The extras aren't quite the same and I don't remember what they cost individually on my Taco. If the dealer is giving you more for your trade in than what you paid for it, I would jump on that deal.

If you haven't picked it up yet, make sure they didn't keep the price of the pin stripes on there. Stealerships will try anything to squeeze all the money out of you.

Back