Electric Tacoma coming Soon

Chemical batteries are a dead end. It comes down to the cost, both in terms of price and in terms of environment. The amount of diesel burned through unregulated engines in 3rd world countries to mine for what the batteries are made out of creates much greater emissions than the amount of gasoline that would be run through an ICE engine.

On top of that, the overall energy efficiency of electric vehicles is much lower than ICE. Energy efficiency ratings that suggest that electric vehicles are more efficient are only measuring from the battery to the wheels and comparing it from the gas tank to the wheels on ICE. They don't account for the power plant efficiency, conversion costs, transmission costs, and charging costs. Remember that the ICE vehicle carries its power plant with it.

Its a pipe dream right now to have clean energy. Most electricity comes from coal, oil, gas, or garbage fueled power plants. Hydro/wind/water is a pretty small component. Nuclear is horrendously inefficient and its hard to argue that its clean energy because of the kind of waste it produces. But if power supply was made green, then there could be an argument for electric vehicles, but only when ignoring the vehicle manufacturing costs.

So for electric vehicles to really be viable, two things are needed that we don't have just yet;

1) clean power supply,
2) sufficiently high performing supercapacitors with low cost manufacturing. This is probably closer to reality than clean power supply, some carbon based materials show a lot of promise in this area.

I believe that sometime in the future that something will be developed to replace fossil fuels however it's not here yet. Everyone jumps on the band wagon about green energy without thinking 20/30 years down the road. First off right now today we are nowhere near ready for a big ev push. The grid is not ready, we can't even produce enough electric to keep the lights on let alone charge up a couple million ev's. Just read an article today that the original batch of solar panels is starting to reach their life expectancy and need to be replaced. They forgot to tell people they only lasted about 25 years and then need replaced. The old ones can't just be taken down and scrapped, they have hazardous materials inside that takes special processes to recycle. Fossil fuels are gonna be around for a long time, wind and solar are good for a percentage of our power to help, but will no where near provide a solid base.

It's been over twenty years ago now but there used to be a guy that run around town in a dune buggy that ran on water, H2O. Because the engine was exposed you could see he had either replaced the carburator with a small device or the device was sitting on top of the carburator, never was able to get close enough to really check it out. He'd have it in parades and be running around town from time to time. The story goes he had a meeting at a local restaurant with a couple of guys, supposed buyers or investors. He was never seen again. The story was all over the local news for about a month and then even it disappeared. There are scientists, inventors, people that just say let's try this and see what happens, but the very wealthy connected won't let that get out.

It's been over twenty years ago now but there used to be a guy that run around town in a dune buggy that ran on water, H2O. Because the engine was exposed you could see he had either replaced the carburator with a small device or the device was sitting on top of the carburator, never was able to get close enough to really check it out. He'd have it in parades and be running around town from time to time. The story goes he had a meeting at a local restaurant with a couple of guys, supposed buyers or investors. He was never seen again. The story was all over the local news for about a month and then even it disappeared. There are scientists, inventors, people that just say let's try this and see what happens, but the very wealthy connected won't let that get out.

Taco Truck-There was a guy in Tucson that sent me an item to evaluate and write a review for in ‘86 when I was with SOF. A clear L flashlight with D cell batteries with solar recharge panels. He has limited funding but after testing it and posting a positive review I tried to put him together with an investor and I put together a marketing and ad plan. Like many inventors he wanted funding but wasn’t interested in selling part of the company. Few months later he went broke and one of the battery companies bought his patents. And shelved them.

just over 20 years later after the patent expired I’m in Costco and on the shelf is a flashlight with a clear body and solar rechargeable cells.

Taco Truck-There was a guy in Tucson that sent me an item to evaluate and write a review for in ‘86 when I was with SOF. A clear L flashlight with D cell batteries with solar recharge panels. He has limited funding but after testing it and posting a positive review I tried to put him together with an investor and I put together a marketing and ad plan. Like many inventors he wanted funding but wasn’t interested in selling part of the company. Few months later he went broke and one of the battery companies bought his patents. And shelved them.

just over 20 years later after the patent expired I’m in Costco and on the shelf is a flashlight with a clear body and solar rechargeable cells.
Yeah, a year or so ago I watched a movie about the guy that invented the electric windshield wipers. A few of us are old enough to remember the old vacuum operated ones. Anyway the movie showed all his struggles getting his product out there and how GM stole it from him and put him out of business.

heard about a study of electric f150 pulling trailer can make it 85 miles before recharge is necessary to keep going
Wot'n tarnation!

Yeah, a year or so ago I watched a movie about the guy that invented the electric windshield wipers. A few of us are old enough to remember the old vacuum operated ones. Anyway the movie showed all his struggles getting his product out there and how GM stole it from him and put him out of business.
That was a great movie! I think it was for the intermittent wiper function if I remembered correctly! I'll take powered by propane please ?

My friend had propane injection on his '87 diesel 3/4 ton chevy 4x4 it would fog in propane when turbo spoiled at 8 lbs boost it was like nitrous! It was a frekkin blast to drive we dusted alot of IROC and mustangs ! Rip in Mark.

Running on water was most certainly a fraud. However, electricity can separate water into H2 + O2, and H2 can be combusted in an engine to produce H2O exhaust.

Well......IMHO.... The electric Tacoma went 12 rounds being beaten with an ugly stick. gaaaaacccckkkkk.

I just turned 64 and was planning to buy a new Tacoma when I retired in a couple more years. I decided not to wait and buy now because I was afraid if I waited, 1) they'd all be electric or hybrid electric, 2) the V6 engine would be gone, 3) price would be higher. I'm just not sold on electric vehicles. Oh sure they have a whole bunch of torque and as such are probably a lot of fun to drive, but I see too many problems. 1) the range between charges, 2) battery replacement and disposal, 3) effect on the power grid. etc, etc, etc. I understand the need to find alternative energy sources, but one of the main laws of physics is that energy can neither be created nor destroyed, but rather just changes forms as it goes. Meaning in the end, you'll pay the piper. Hopefully the new 2023 Taco I just bought will last me the rest of my driving life. If not, hopefully by then we'll all be saying how great these EVs are and not looking back ;)

The Rivian didn't set the bar very high.

Oh well, I'm sure it will attract some buyers. For me, I don't see the advantage.

All these EV owners will have a serious coronary when the time comes to replace the battery pack or the electronics whack out.

Just saw several news blurbs about EV charging in extreme cold.

Significant time will be used to warm the battery pack so it can be charged. Plus the range of the EV suffers in the extreme cold.

So, good news for all the EV owners in the areas with snow. Longer charge times and less range.

BTW, extreme cold for a battery pack is around 20F. Imagine what its like at -20F or lower...............

Or buy tires my wife was reading inline tesla tires are around 1500 each because if the torque .its like the are super duty runflats!! Crazy

Back